Copying Designs without permission... Help !

CrimsonNightCrimsonNight Member
edited August 2017 in Help Requests
Hello, i have a problem with a player called *XtremeWolf*. He is copying my shop design without perimission. I've banned him from my shop, but he uses his alt to copy my shop. I have already locked my realm but i need to use it for selling/buying items..
His shop name : Obsidius Shop https://ibb.co/dHGFKv
Mine : Pantheon's Vending Shop https://ibb.co/kY4wRa
Sorry if it is wrong section for that post.

Comments

• So? There's no problem with copying a realm, some players even copy Pen's Yard Rentals... there's even no harm with him copying your design, I too can copy your shop anytime
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I think it's more the intent behind the copying, is he copying because you get a lot of customers and he feels that if he builds a same/ similar shop he too will get a lot of customers OR is he building it with the intent of claiming it to be your shop, maybe even with intent to scam (which would be very bad) Of course it could be hard to say which is true...
  • llBIMBYll said:

So? There's no problem with copying a realm, some players even copy Pen's Yard Rentals... there's even no harm with him copying your design, I too can copy your shop anytime

He worked on an original design, and even if it does not break any rule, it's rude .
    It's like you made a draw, then someone takes it pretending it's yours, you worked , and he gets the respect that should have came to you . Stealing a design, a draw, a candy, its ALWAYS stealing and a bad thing . Hope you'll get this fixed Pantheon.
  • Welp I'll only agree if the realm name is the same too, it depends on what he sells in his shop
  • @SirKewberth ok can we get a reply on this thread now
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I understand how people might find it annoying, but I don't want to make a rule about it in the game. I think you should just take it as a compliment. People have copied a lot of my realms since the game started. People also extended my realms and style adding new color courses etc.. Blue course 2, some course colours I didn't make etc..

The only time that I really objected to this was when it was used for scamming players by making them believe they were in an official realm when they weren't. We ended up having to put in some rules for that (which is why you can't name your realms starting with cubic ... ) and why I sometimes use bedrock which other players can't build with. This is not to have a unique style, it's just to prevent scamming.

So if someone copied a realm to try and impersonate you and cheat other players or something like that then I think mods and support could step in, but that kind of thing is already against the rules. Just copying because you like a style currently is not, and I don't really think it should be.
  • I understand how people might find it annoying, but I don't want to make a rule about it in the game. I think you should just take it as a compliment. People have copied a lot of my realms since the game started. People also extended my realms and style adding new color courses etc.. Blue course 2, some course colours I didn't make etc..

The only time that I really objected to this was when it was used for scamming players by making them believe they were in an official realm when they weren't. We ended up having to put in some rules for that (which is why you can't name your realms starting with cubic ... ) and why I sometimes use bedrock which other players can't build with. This is not to have a unique style, it's just to prevent scamming.

So if someone copied a realm to try and impersonate you and cheat other players or something like that then I think mods and support could step in, but that kind of thing is already against the rules. Just copying because you like a style currently is not, and I don't really think it should be.

Exactly!
  • llBIMBYll said:

So? There's no problem with copying a realm, some players even copy Pen's Yard Rentals... there's even no harm with him copying your design, I too can copy your shop anytime

It's not nice to someone make something from you exactly the same, but after that discussion that person destroyed the shop and decided to make something else.
  • llBIMBYll said:

It's not nice to someone make something from you exactly the same, but after that discussion that person destroyed the shop and decided to make something else.
    Good .

"I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own"

Nikola Tesla
  • Siddd said:

I think it's more the intent behind the copying, is he copying because you get a lot of customers and he feels that if he builds a same/ similar shop he too will get a lot of customers OR is he building it with the intent of claiming it to be your shop, maybe even with intent to scam (which would be very bad) Of course it could be hard to say which is true...

Either way, it's going to be annoying.
  • -Gundam- said:

llBIMBYll said:

Good .

"I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own"

Nikola Tesla
    Well he re-build the shop as mine exactly the same but he put a sign says ''this shop is designed by *Pantheon*'' i don't really like that someone has copied my shop, but i prefer that he put a sign says that is designed by me..
  • -Gundam- said:

llBIMBYll said:

Good .

Nikola Tesla
    Well he re-build the shop as mine exactly the same but he put a sign says ''this shop is designed by *Pantheon*'' i don't really like that someone has copied my shop, but i prefer that he put a sign says that is designed by me..
    yeah that's better like that I think... I knew wome players that completly stole a design and claimed that it was made by himself / herself....
  • -Gundam- said:

llBIMBYll said:

Good .

Nikola Tesla
    yeah that's better like that I think... I knew wome players that completly stole a design and claimed that it was made by himself / herself....
    That person destroyed again (for 2nd time) that shop which he copied from me, and said that he will copy another shop from another player, he might re-copy mine shop xD
  • Someone close this discussion, Thanks.
  • Well, if he does. Just ask him not to. But, if someone copy's your shop that means it is good enough to copy.
  • Bluejay_1 said:

Well, if he does. Just ask him not to. But, if someone copy's your shop that means it is good enough to copy.

This discussion is old. I am okay now and i need someone to close this discussion.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Closing upon request.
This discussion has been closed.