My expeariance with YuGiOh.

AllunarAllunar Member
edited August 2017 in Off-Topic

So here I am once again reviewing my photon deck (photon deck monsters can be a particularly troublesome experience as well as the choice of how many cards are best suited) and I'm a little bored and so I thought what better to get back into CC with a long and completely irrelevant post on my experience with YuGiOh. For one thing I know a lot of people who like the anime and not the game and vise versa and a lot of people who found out from the anime and a lot who found out from the game. So here I am having only been into anime for a year at tops and I'm looking through Netflix as it always seems to have some titles to check out (before they stop 40% through the anime for no reason) and I found a title called 'YuGiOh' I heard about it before because I saw a program on TV once while skimming through channels called 'YuGiOh Zexal' but never payed much attention to it. So I start watching this anime and already I had my favourite character (I know people will hate me for this) 'Seto Kaiba' and all in all it was a great anime which I loved watching and have only now started from where Netflix finished off (because that's Netflix, haha). YuGiOh is an anime about a card game called 'Duel Monsters' which was originally a dangerous game of life or death made my the pharaohs called the 'Shadow Games'. These games went on until a pharaoh called ''Atem' sealed the games away in these Millennium Items, 500 years later a boy called Yugi reconstructs one the Millennium items called the 'Millennium Puzzle' which is the balance between good and evil (the over items are drawn to a single side instead of balanced). The spirit of the pharaoh, trapped inside the puzzle is then released with Yugi as the vessel. Think of Atem like being part of Yugi's mind (like an imaginary friend) and when Yugi duels Atem is basically in control making Yugi a famous duellist. Together Yugi and Atem set out to prevent the shadow games from returning, I won't say any more to prevent spoilers. It's a great anime and after that it lead me to watch a side anime called 'YuGiOh Zexal' (I didn't what other animes like 'YuGiOh 5D'). YuGiOh Zexal was revealed to be a far in the future sequel which I loved, my favourite part was how Astral was obviously the new version of Atem (that final duel though) and how Kite was the new Kaiba (That Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon though...). Kite was easily my favourite character out of both animes. After Zexal I got into the card game (which is literally the cards from the anime) and I use a Photon-galaxy deck similar to Kite. There are two duels which are easily my favourites:
Atem VS Kaiba (DSOD):
Yuma VS Kite (Zexal): This was the first one where Yuma gets destroyed but I can't find you a video.

I myself don't really participate in tournaments but I do like playing the game with a few select people but with my current deck not many people beat me except this friend of mine who uses a Utopia deck which I can only beat with my Obelisk deck or my Photon-galaxy deck. If anyone who plays wants to duel me you can do so via YGOPRO2 or YuGiOh Legacy ofthe Duellist though LOTD is quite expensive for what it is. LOTD is easily one of my favourite games and I'm so glad I got it. And remember everyone:

Comments

• I really don't like Yu Gi Oh.
    But here's a funny joke.
    YoGiOh
    Yogi Bear, and YuGiOh
    xD
    i'll stop
    *seinfeld*
  • I really don't like Yu Gi Oh.
    But here's a funny joke.
    YoGiOh
    Yogi Bear, and YuGiOh
    xD
    i'll stop
    *seinfeld*

Yeah some people don't like it, I'm fine with that.

Also yeah, best stop. >.<
  • There isnt much giant robots in here, I dont like That. Maybe Im too old . or the thousands of spin offs killed the line .
  • -Gundam- said:

There isnt much giant robots in here, I dont like That. Maybe Im too old . or the thousands of spin offs killed the line .

I'm a little confused @-Gundam-
  • -Gundam- said:

There isnt much giant robots in here, I dont like That. Maybe Im too old . or the thousands of spin offs killed the line .

I'm a little confused @-Gundam-
    I was talking about the TV show for soon offs
  • Me and ma buddy *who plays cc too* have over 10,000 cards in real life spent more than 500$ in packs,since we were lil' boys!We watched every episode of Yugioh I-VI which is ongoing,die-hard fans of Yu-Gi-Oh!And the TCG may look kiddish but it is too hard!Believe ma words.I can explain it but it will take too long :3
  • Sculpture said:

Me and ma buddy *who plays cc too* have over 10,000 cards in real life spent more than 500$ in packs,since we were lil' boys!We watched every episode of Yugioh I-VI which is ongoing,die-hard fans of Yu-Gi-Oh!And the TCG may look kiddish but it is too hard!Believe ma words.I can explain it but it will take too long :3

Always great to find other people who love the card game!
  • Sculpture said:

Me and ma buddy *who plays cc too* have over 10,000 cards in real life spent more than 500$ in packs,since we were lil' boys!We watched every episode of Yugioh I-VI which is ongoing,die-hard fans of Yu-Gi-Oh!And the TCG may look kiddish but it is too hard!Believe ma words.I can explain it but it will take too long :3

Used to collect Pokemon cards, but never found anyone to fight with the real rules .
    And yeah, just looking at the Pokemon games, I can trust someone saying TCG are hard .
  • -Gundam- said:

Sculpture said:

Used to collect Pokemon cards, but never found anyone to fight with the real rules .
    And yeah, just looking at the Pokemon games, I can trust someone saying TCG are hard .
    Never been a Pokemon fan but I know of the TGC.