Mountains or Beaches

I just want to know people opinion on what they think is better mountains or beaches. I am thinking that I might move to one of those places in the next couple of years. So yeah please comment you might persuade me.
Itz 2:20 A.M. right now where I live so don't judge my spelling and punctuation.
A B C Please sing with me Julia

Comments

• I think the mountains for a multitude of reasons!
    A: It is typically less expensive than moving to a beach where often property is higher priced due to the desirability factor.
    B: Oceans are noisy.....very noisy and Mountains are often quiet <3.
    C: You do not have to worry about ocean related disasters such as hurricanes.
    D: In the mountains you get variable weather depending on the mountains you live in which equals fun progressive change. From falling autumn leaves to a cup of hot cocoa with several feet of snow outside.
    E: You have a better survival chance in the mountains than on a beach if a zombie apocalypse happened.

MOUNTAINS <3
  • Here in Albania you can have both if you just travel 30min-1h with a car!I like both very much!
  • I prefer mountains... for the landscapes actually ^^
  • I live close to mountains. I live in the plain area, from here it's pretty. And up above it is so beautiful when u want to go for a good hike.
  • I live in a quiet neighbourhood in the city but after a couple hours on the road you'll find forests, plains, fields, and lonely trees (A single tree in the middle of a field). The soil is very fertile here and there are so many lakes/rivers/streams. Such as: St-Laurence, St Laurence Gulf, etc. Its a bit cold here, and were in a valley (between two huge chains of mountains and hills) called the St-Laurence Valley. But basically I prefer the mountains because its much better for defence, the weather is "prettier" and its also a nice landscape, only problem is the fact that it can get very cold and the land is not good for agriculture or any vegetation.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited August 2017
    Beaches for the win!

Well, you can have beaches in the mountains too...there are beaches on lakes and on the pacific side of the US you can have beaches that have mountains jutting out from them.

The weather and terrain at beaches are pretty variable depending on the location of the beaches. Northern beaches do have quite a bit of weather changes (to include snow). Pacific beaches are rocky and have mountains. However, the water of northern or pacific beaches is quite cold. Tropical beaches are flatter and warm, and often have warmer water too, but even they are variable...some have rough waters, others have calm peaceful waters...they have different types of sand.

I prefer southern / tropical beaches. I love beaches with white sand (western Florida) over the yellow beaches of the east coast or the rugged beaches of the pacific; however, some prefer the waves of the east coast (or the pacific) for surfing. I prefer the calmer waters of the gulf/bays on western Florida. I prefer the tropical environment to live in paradise and figure I can go visit the cold weather for skiing and such when I need a snow 'fix'. I'd rather live in a sunny, warm paradise than in a cold, bitter environment (and for me, anything below 70F is cold and bitter these days) where I have to deal with digging out from snow storms in the winter.

For me, salt water/sun/beaches are cathartic, much more so than cold rugged mountains. I love water sports, so I typically paddle out to the middle of the bay or into a mangrove bayou along the bay, and enjoy the manatees, dolphins, sting rays, sharks, pelicans, herons, etc that are playing about. For me, it is quite peaceful where I paddle, and not noisy. I also love to go shelling along the beach, and depending on the time of year, can find many different types of shells. For me, there is nothing more beautiful than a sunset on a beach.

Sure you don't have hurricanes/nor'easters in the mountains (unless you are on the pacific beaches), but you have snow storms/blizzards, mudslides, and other types of weather related catastrophes...pick your poison. There is some sort of negative weather event in all parts of the world...you just have to figure out what you can deal with. For me, a rain storm is less devastating than having to bail out regularly from a snow storm.

I recommend you pick the place that you enjoy the most. We're all different and we all like different things. I'm glad not everyone likes beaches so I can live where I love. :)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I would prefer mountains.... sure a beach is nice to go in the water in the summer and such.... but it has not a great lookout (i dont think the sea looks great... think of being on the mountain and looking all over the city (dunno where it precisly is xD) and seeing all the lights)
  • edited August 2017

I would prefer mountains.... sure a beach is nice to go in the water in the summer and such.... but it has not a great lookout (i dont think the sea looks great... think of being on the mountain and looking all over the city (dunno where it precisly is xD) and seeing all the lights)

Cities are usually built in plains, deserts (When you dont have the choice), savanhas, sometimes on mountains and some are even built in the middle of the water (Venice) Even on beaches, on top of lakes (Like a house with a small arch to let the water through)