Your opinion on "Profit"?

I love hearing other people's opinions on this, as profit (the selling and buying business) has become a big part of the CC community amongst the past few years.

Do you think it's good, or bad?
Do you think it could be better?

I'd prefer anyone who isn't prone to get triggered/salty very easily to join in on the debate.

Also, DO NOT debate if you're going to say something really stupid, like: oh its a deal they agreed to lol, or "everyone is allowed to make their own prices" without listing reasonable price ranges.

See, how I view it is: It's okay for you to make profit, but there's a difference between ripping someone off, and making a profit.

See, in my perspective ripping someone off is allowing them to believe that whatever overprice you're selling said item for is the correct price.

There have been multiple situations where I've seen shop sellers SELL THINGS FOR AN UNDERPRICE on purpose. And if not, they sometimes keep it at an underprice just because you decided to be honest.

As for OVERPRICED items, I get the "everyone has the freedom to make their own prices", but I HIGHLY doubt you'd say that to someone selling angel wings for 10k..

As for offering LOW on items:
If they're already underpriced then it's okay.
If there's no set price, then it is sometimes okay.
and as long as they agree to it, it's okay.

When offering low just let them know that you're offering a bit less than the average price.

I just despise people who buy something low from someone, SUPER low, especially if this player hasn't played in possibly years, and turning right back around to sell it for 4x the price.

I get it if you will keep that item, or trade it for another item you're investing in, but if the sole purpose of you buying items thousands of cubits under their value, then depending on the situation, shame on you >:(

Now here's my view on overpriced items:
If you bought say... for example, a b/w scarf for 2,000c, and someone offered about 6000c for it NOT knowing that 6,000 isn't their average price, and you WILLINGLY accept that overpriced offer without even telling them to tone it down a bit, then you are in fact someone I have lost respect for.

I've seen a lot of people doing social experiments on this, like selling a balloon at 6k or selling PJS at 35k. It honestly shows how greedy people can be.

I'm in the profiting business myself, but I hate making huge profits, especially if it makes me feel really greedy and guilty.
It sucks to see people being ripped off because they didn't know something was worth a certain price.

Comments

• QbirdQbird Member
    Buying 100c selling 125 is acceptable .

Buying top hats 1c each and selling 350c, no . I saw someone doing that, he's rich as hell . I consider this as scamming
  • -Gundam- said:

Buying top hats 1c each and selling 350c, no . I saw someone doing that, he's rich as hell . I consider this as scamming

I wouldn't really consider it scamming, but I'd consider it greed.
    I see where scamming comes from though, as they're being ripped off by a huge amount.

Either way I totally agree! That's why "making your own prices" pisses me off because it allows people to sell things for WAY MORE than they are!

I see a lot of richer qbees overpricing things by thousands, and it disgusts me half of the time since people actually buy said item thinking that's how much it's worth. :V
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Ashibug said:

-Gundam- said:

I see where scamming comes from though, as they're being ripped off by a huge amount.

Either way I totally agree! That's why "making your own prices" pisses me off because it allows people to sell things for WAY MORE than they are!

I see a lot of richer qbees overpricing things by thousands, and it disgusts me half of the time since people actually buy said item thinking that's how much it's worth. :V
    I saw a tutu at 250c today, Another example
  • -Gundam- said:

Ashibug said:

-Gundam- said:

I saw a tutu at 250c today, Another example
    Oh oh I've seen people doing things like that,,
    a lot of people end up ignoring the 0 and buying it for that price.
    It sucks, man
  • tbh- my opinion is that it's a better way to make cubits than scamming others and you don't have to buy cubits to do it. not much can be done except to inform players of prices~
  • Misticall said:

tbh- my opinion is that it's a better way to make cubits than scamming others and you don't have to buy cubits to do it. not much can be done except to inform players of prices~

Even in that case I've seen people persuading others about the value of an item
  • Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

tbh- my opinion is that it's a better way to make cubits than scamming others and you don't have to buy cubits to do it. not much can be done except to inform players of prices~

do you mean telling them the 'correct' price? (correct isn't really the right word to use, I mean as in market values), or do you mean telling them a lower price. if you mean the latter, it depends on the situation. If the player who is telling the lower price hasn't played for a while, it could be just not being updated for a while~
  • Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

do you mean telling them the 'correct' price? (correct isn't really the right word to use, I mean as in market values), or do you mean telling them a lower price. if you mean the latter, it depends on the situation. If the player who is telling the lower price hasn't played for a while, it could be just not being updated for a while~
    No, I mean persuading someone to buy an item for a higher price.
    This happens a lot with trading, too, have you ever seen someone say: "maybe add a bit more?"
  • Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

This happens a lot with trading, too, have you ever seen someone say: "maybe add a bit more?"
    that's fine imo, if the player is making an offer that's low and someone else says add more please, it's okay tbh
  • Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

that's fine imo, if the player is making an offer that's low and someone else says add more please, it's okay tbh
    No you're not getting it
    If someone is overpaying, people often ask for them to add more.
    Which is why trading with items is risky since any item could be worth way more than what both parties think.
  • Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

No you're not getting it
    Which is why trading with items is risky since any item could be worth way more than what both parties think.
    uhm then just don't add more in that situation?... either way if someone wants an item bad enough they often pay more
  • Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

No you're not getting it
    uhm then just don't add more in that situation?... either way if someone wants an item bad enough they often pay more
    That's not my point of saying what I said but whatever lol
  • Hate profit.
    Dearly hate it, just another cheap way to gain cubits. Sure if it's like a small difference that's fine. But if it's something really stupid then it's bad. And most profit people are like iTS THE PRICE NOOB LOL
    And it's really annoying, even when I try to profit, everyone is like. I buy 1c. And im like read the price brehh
  • edited July 2017
    The real question is do morals even matter? They do not apply in real life. For example a pair of shoes that takes a dollar to make are then sold in store as a name brand for seventy to a hundred. The only reason we carve out concepts like right and wrong are for self protection.

For those that price gouge and take advantage of others may prove to be unsavory but it is our responsibility to price check to keep up with the pulse of the market. Do I think they are wrong no. I can't even wag my finger at people who lead false marketing practices because that too is present in real life. Like foods that are fat free and are "Diet Healthy". My personal belief is treat others how you would like to be treated, cliche yes but I want to make people happy and be friends with everyone <3. There are far more riches to gain by selling fairly and not being a sly fox.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    My view on profit: customers are in charge of knowing the value of the item they are buying. If I want to sell angel wings for 10k, I will. They do not have to buy it, of course. But eventually all the lower ones might sell out or I'll get an impatient customer who decides that extra few thousand cubits is worth the time they save from not having to look elsewhere.

A shop owner has the right to make their own prices for their items, regardless of how others feel that interacts with the market. As long as they are clear about what they are selling (ex: no footprints or random extra items in the machine), the price is ENTIRELY THEIR DECISION.

Buyers should know the value of what they're buying. They should know how much they are willing and should expect to pay. It's literally that simple.
  • My view on profit: customers are in charge of knowing the value of the item they are buying. If I want to sell angel wings for 10k, I will. They do not have to buy it, of course. But eventually all the lower ones might sell out or I'll get an impatient customer who decides that extra few thousand cubits is worth the time they save from not having to look elsewhere.

A shop owner has the right to make their own prices for their items, regardless of how others feel that interacts with the market. As long as they are clear about what they are selling (ex: no footprints or random extra items in the machine), the price is ENTIRELY THEIR DECISION.

Buyers should know the value of what they're buying. They should know how much they are willing and should expect to pay. It's literally that simple.

Preach~
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

No you're not getting it
    adding and paying a bit more isnt a problem, its how economy works anyway .
  • -Gundam- said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

No you're not getting it
    You guys aren't getting it.

USUALLY when someone overpays, the person receiving the overpay persuades them to add more so it's a bigger overpay.

I've seen it a lot
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Ashibug said:

-Gundam- said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

Ashibug said:

Misticall said:

No you're not getting it
    You guys aren't getting it.

USUALLY when someone overpays, the person receiving the overpay persuades them to add more so it's a bigger overpay.

I've seen it a lot
    Maybe he paid the regular price and tries to get a bit of profit . Bit as always, there are many situations .
    asking for 1100c instead of 1 k is acceptable .

Asking for 2k instead of 1k is being greedy .

And the worst part is that it seems a lot of greedy players succeds in the game .
  • I really think cubic castles needs to make a limit! Like items (no matter what the heck it is!!) cant be over a certain price. Cause once stuff hits the 400-500k mark its basically un-obtainable unless you buy cubits. Saving up doesnt work because the price keeps raising. For example the Rams... I wanted one, they used to be 200k... Difficult but do-able. But by the time id get that 200k, it was 300k... and then 500k, now im hearing 750k.... There should be a dang cap!!!
  • MisticallMisticall Member
    edited July 2017

I really think cubic castles needs to make a limit! Like items (no matter what the heck it is!!) cant be over a certain price. Cause once stuff hits the 400-500k mark its basically un-obtainable unless you buy cubits. Saving up doesnt work because the price keeps raising. For example the Rams... I wanted one, they used to be 200k... Difficult but do-able. But by the time id get that 200k, it was 300k... and then 500k, now im hearing 750k.... There should be a dang cap!!!

no way. Player prices shouldn't be moderated (unless it's scamming), and anyways the Ram has a good reason to go up~ it's discontinued.
  • In my opinion its mostly right to buy a cat for about 2k cubits,level it up and then sell it and make profit
    or if you buy a hat or something and wait for the price to change and then sell it
    or if you buy something for a cheap price and sell it for a normal price
  • Ashibug said:

I love hearing other people's opinions on this, as profit (the selling and buying business) has become a big part of the CC community amongst the past few years.

Do you think it's good, or bad?
    Do you think it could be better?

I'd prefer anyone who isn't prone to get triggered/salty very easily to join in on the debate.

Also, DO NOT debate if you're going to say something really stupid, like: oh its a deal they agreed to lol, or "everyone is allowed to make their own prices" without listing reasonable price ranges.

See, how I view it is: It's okay for you to make profit, but there's a difference between ripping someone off, and making a profit.

See, in my perspective ripping someone off is allowing them to believe that whatever overprice you're selling said item for is the correct price.

There have been multiple situations where I've seen shop sellers SELL THINGS FOR AN UNDERPRICE on purpose. And if not, they sometimes keep it at an underprice just because you decided to be honest.

As for OVERPRICED items, I get the "everyone has the freedom to make their own prices", but I HIGHLY doubt you'd say that to someone selling angel wings for 10k..

As for offering LOW on items:
    If they're already underpriced then it's okay.
    If there's no set price, then it is sometimes okay.
    and as long as they agree to it, it's okay.

When offering low just let them know that you're offering a bit less than the average price.

I just despise people who buy something low from someone, SUPER low, especially if this player hasn't played in possibly years, and turning right back around to sell it for 4x the price.

I get it if you will keep that item, or trade it for another item you're investing in, but if the sole purpose of you buying items thousands of cubits under their value, then depending on the situation, shame on you >:(

Now here's my view on overpriced items:
    If you bought say... for example, a b/w scarf for 2,000c, and someone offered about 6000c for it NOT knowing that 6,000 isn't their average price, and you WILLINGLY accept that overpriced offer without even telling them to tone it down a bit, then you are in fact someone I have lost respect for.

I've seen a lot of people doing social experiments on this, like selling a balloon at 6k or selling PJS at 35k. It honestly shows how greedy people can be.

I'm in the profiting business myself, but I hate making huge profits, especially if it makes me feel really greedy and guilty.
    It sucks to see people being ripped off because they didn't know something was worth a certain price.

I like profit it's cool... Making cubits out of your items... :)

• I understand the OP's view.

I just want to inform everyone that a "Group of Rich Qbees" can manipulate the market.

For example(Example only):
    1>They will buy all for sale limited number item like Ram/Umbrella.
    2>And when they reach the point when there are no more sellers left, they will sell it at ridiculous prices such as 4x the buying price.
    3>As of the very few others that did not sell to them, they will also sell the same price of the said above^
    4>Leaving the community no choice to buy from but only them.

As you guys can see they inflated the price of it^

Just a suggestion for Devs,
    Since Devs is like the goverment irl, they should also atleast set SRP. Suggested Retail Price so that we can prevent inflation of prices.
    Although! I know they provide batch of supplies for limited times like events. The reciever of those supplies on goes to the Step 3 of the example above.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    This thread made me laugh.
  • I like that there is not a cap and I think it makes the market exciting. If things do get to high it seems the devs will curb the price like they have done with the umbrella and ramm.
  • QbirdQbird Member

I really think cubic castles needs to make a limit! Like items (no matter what the heck it is!!) cant be over a certain price. Cause once stuff hits the 400-500k mark its basically un-obtainable unless you buy cubits. Saving up doesnt work because the price keeps raising. For example the Rams... I wanted one, they used to be 200k... Difficult but do-able. But by the time id get that 200k, it was 300k... and then 500k, now im hearing 750k.... There should be a dang cap!!!

Some items are very rares in certain times, and lower at other's . We can't put limits since it depends on players demand and item rarity
  • AshibugAshibug Member
    edited July 2017

I understand the OP's view.

I just want to inform everyone that a "Group of Rich Qbees" can manipulate the market.

2>And when they reach the point when there are no more sellers left, they will sell it at ridiculous prices such as 4x the buying price.
    3>As of the very few others that did not sell to them, they will also sell the same price of the said above^

Since Devs is like the goverment irl, they should also atleast set SRP. Suggested Retail Price so that we can prevent inflation of prices.
    Although! I know they provide batch of supplies for limited times like events. The reciever of those supplies on goes to the Step 3 of the example above.

The first line is true. Like the chef coats and redwood hats, those went up dramatically in the last few weeks and that's simply because of wealthier qbees.

@Mr.Penguin I'm only assuming this is because you are in the profit business as well.

If you aren't going to voice your opinion on it, don't say anything at all. It's really simple tbh
  • Ashibug said:

I understand the OP's view.

The first line is true. Like the chef coats and redwood hats, those went up dramatically in the last few weeks and that's simply because of wealthier qbees.
    ...They went up b/c chef coats now give 1/2 recubes and redwoods give 3... it's not market manipulation, it's the fact that they now give more recubes that increased their value.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited July 2017
    I laugh because if I left the buy and sell (and the investment section which can full under buy & sell) I'd stop buying Cubits therefor stop supporting the game- that applies to ALOT of people.

I can personally stop spending on the game if it makes everyone happy :D!

It's a players item, it's their choice. Players should check an items value before buying. I myself double check with friend when buying something 50k+