[EVENT] Parkour For Life 2! (July 2017) (End)

CD87CD87 Member
edited July 2017 in Player Events & Creations
Event Status: Closed

Remember around this month, last year? Well, it has returned!

A) General rules

1) You can participate in all of the activities in the event. There's no limitation!
2) Alts are allowed, since you're a parkour lover and you want to re-play a course many times.
3) Hacks, cheats or glitches are NOT allowed. You will be reported and disqualified from the event if I catch you using them.
4) Be sure to have fun!

B) Time

The event will start on July 23rd at 8:50 am (Cubic Time) and will end on July 29th at 9:10 am (Cubic Time)

C) Activities

Instead of having 20+ races in a variety of parkour realms, there will be only two races (For two different time zones). Additionally, I have added two non-racing activities which promotes parkour more than racing.

Activity #1: The lobby challenge!

During the event, enter CD87's Parkour Collection. There will be many parkour rooms divided into three separated difficulties: Easy, normal, and hard.

Pick the one you'd like to play and you will receive the warp pizza to the prize room. The prize you get will based on the difficulty (You can only get 3 prizes max per account, 1 for each difficulty)

Important! Remember to bump the guestbook when you finish, it's very important!

Activity #2: The secret gift!

Inside 3 of all the parkour rooms and realms, there are three secret warp pizzas that lead to the hidden gift room! Find them and receive extra prizes!

Important! You can obtain all the gifts if you want, but it's best to give other people a chance!

Activity #3: The big race!

Cancelled
On the final day, there will be two parkour races. The selected difficulty is normal, but only one place will be chosen for both races. A holla will be used in each race, and "normal-difficulty" prizes will be there. Of course, the top 3 players will receive a bigger prize!

Important! If you're already at the top 3 of the first race, you won't be counted in the leaderboard of the next race. However, you can still receive the small prize once again.

Time:
Race 1: July 28th at 8:50 pm (Cubic Time)
Race 2: July 29th at 9:00 am (Cubic Time)

D) Prizes!

Easy: Red cube
Normal: A random clothing, store-only blocks or recube items (Scrub, flowers)
Hard: A random clothing, store-only blocks (Both are better than the above) or recube items (Polka dot trees and water current)

2000 cubits each

First place: 5000 cubits +50 for every player that bumps the guestbooks
Second place: 2000 cubits +20 for every player that bumps the guestbooks
Third place: 1000 cubits +10 for every player that bumps the guestbooks

Important! The number of names in the guestbooks will determine the amount of additional prizes! Two or more of the same name in different parkours will count as ONE.

E) List of parkours

Volcanic Treasures
The 5x5 Challenge (NEW)
The Anti-Jumpman Course
The Musical Course
The Blue Course 2

The 2D Mini Course
The Slow Course
Star Hunt
Cloudy Madness (NEW)
The 5x5 Challenge 2-4 (3 parkours) (NEW)

Checkless (NEW)
The Mushroom Tower
The Car Course (NEW)

Afterlife (Easy)
The 5x5 Challenge 5 (Hard) (New)

F) Last words

I hope that this year's event will be as fun as last year in order that I have more motivations to keep this an annual event in the summer (As you may know, CC lacks events in summer)

If you have any suggestion, comment about the event, leave it below! All of them are appreciated and considered.
The main goal of the event is to promote parkour and help it become more popular and easier. Joining in the event equals helping me and other parkourers to spread and improve this aspect of the game to more players.

Finally, thanks for reading and participating!
#parkourforlife

The event has ended! Here are the results:

Activity #1: 134 prizes have been taken! (Data gathered from 5 guestbooks)
Activity #2:
+Secret gift #1: "DR. KRAMPUS" (2000c)
+Secret gift #2: "DR. KRAMPUS" (2000c)
+Secret gift #3: "Excelsius" (2000c)
+Truly hidden gift: "@Skillz" (20c*[Number of prizes taken] = 2680c)
Please accept my friend request so I can deliver the prize to you.

Location: Volcanic Treasures - Find the chest and finish the mini-quest related to it to find the gift

Location: Star Hunt - Finish the underground course. There is a hole deep inside the finishing spot (Where the star is). enter it and you'll find the gift

Location: The mushroom tower - Before you climb the trees, look around the grass. There will be a hole containing the gift inside.

Step 1: Go to the life block (Above the castle) and you'll find the sign
Step 2: It's blocked, right? If you join the event from last year, you'll notice that Afterlife is actually a realm, not a room!
Step 3: FInd Afterlife in lobby and look around! It's right above the golden block. Do as it says and you'll get it.
It is pretty random, but I made it that way so it's not too hard to be found.

Activity #3: Cancelled
Due to the unexpected work on those days, I wasn't be able to log on and host the race. For those who was waiting for ithe races, I'm truly sorry for wasting your time waiting. To compensate, I'll host two mini races in my next parkour, and I'm sure there won't be another cancellation either in the next races or next year's event.

Finally, thank you everyone for participating in this year's event!

Comments

• Thank you Cd for bringing parkour back to life :)
  • I love parkour events, they're fun~~ I'm excited to participate - last time I think I only participated in one parkour D:
  • I won't be here :(
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Wow what a special day to start it. Parkour prizes and my bday :D
    Question: do u mean for the races pm or am? Cause on the time schedule it says ending 9:10 am. Can u explain? @CD87
    And, will u open the realm once the 23rd is here? I searched it up and the name didn't exist
  • RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember
    Nice Event CD

Sadly i cant join cuz im not free to those time
  • I think i will join! xd
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited July 2017
    Bluejay_1 said:

Wow what a special day to start it. Parkour prizes and my bday :D
    Question: do u mean for the races pm or am? Cause on the time schedule it says ending 9:10 am. Can u explain? @CD87
    And, will u open the realm once the 23rd is here? I searched it up and the name didn't exist

@Bluejay_1
    That was my mistake. I also changed the time a bit because many people say that they can't join on that time.

New time:
    +Race 1: July 28th at 8:50 pm (Cubic Time)
    +Race 2: July 29th at 9:00 am (Cubic Time)
    New event end time: July 29th at 9:10 am (10 minutes after the last race)

The realm is now open, you can find it in Eden.
  • EnderwitherEnderwither Member
    edited July 2017
    Damn o.o
    Imma try to join owo
    I don't know if I can still parkour like back then ;-;
  • CD87CD87 Member
    The event is now live! Good luck to everyone.
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited July 2017
    Is the event done?

Edit:I missed the race ;-;
  • CD87CD87 Member
    ExCelsius said:

Is the event done?

Edit:I missed the race ;-;

It has ended. Check the thread for the results
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    And I thought there was finally an event I can participate D:
    Darn Tiiiiiiiime!