How much cubits (or an item's value) is needed to make you interested in an event? (For first place)

CD87CD87 Member
edited July 2017 in General Chat
I know that I've asked this before, but those results are out of date. So, I need new data!
Vote and/or comment a specific amount if needed. I'm looking forward to getting just 20 votes in order to make this thread useful (to me)

Thanks for reading and voting!
@CD87

Comments

• To be honest
    I only join events with prizes if I really need it
    But I would join an event with no prize
    1k is the most I could ask for as a prize for an event
  • I don't really care. The event has to be both doable and enjoyable, that's my only requirement.
  • Well as better prize as u can xD, usually at least 1000c xD
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Though adding money would add people .
  • All dem people asking for more than 10 k c are funny, you know 1000 c is more than enough
  • All dem people asking for more than 10 k c are funny, you know 1000 c is more than enough

Exactly. Contests are fun enough, we should be thankful for the prizes, not ask for freaking 10k.

Exactly. Contests are fun enough, we should be thankful for the prizes, not ask for freaking 10k.
    Tell that to the devs
    The building events have way more than 10k

Tell that to the devs
    Ya because they're devs. They get the cubits for free.

Tell that to the devs
    Yeah but it's still a prize over 10k
    You said events are for fun
    Tell that to cosmic and kew
  • edited July 2017

All dem people asking for more than 10 k c are funny, you know 1000 c is more than enough

Tell that to the devs
    The entire reason why I don't want a prize over 10k is because that's both a lot of cubits in which I don't need, and it costs money for the contest owner. Not with the devs, because they can get the cubits for free, because they're devs.

Tell that to the devs
    The entire reason why I don't want a prize over 10k is because that's both a lot of cubits in which I don't need, and it costs money for the contest owner. Not with the devs, because they can get the cubits for free, because they're devs.
    Yeah but it takes a lot of time for them to host it which narrows down the time of the development which means updates will be slower which makes people not buy cubits since there's nothing to spend it on which means the devs are losing real money

Tell that to the devs
    Yeah but it takes a lot of time for them to host it which narrows down the time of the development which means updates will be slower which makes people not buy cubits since there's nothing to spend it on which means the devs are losing real money
    Contests like this don't happen all that much. And Cubic Castles is fine... so that doesn't really help your point. Devs can use all the cubits that they desire, since they are devs, as I said. And most times, one dev works on the contest, while the other one does the developing/testing. People still buy cubits all the time, since it's the game's currency.

Tell that to the devs
    Contests like this don't happen all that much. And Cubic Castles is fine... so that doesn't really help your point. Devs can use all the cubits that they desire, since they are devs, as I said. And most times, one dev works on the contest, while the other one does the developing/testing. People still buy cubits all the time, since it's the game's currency.
    'Which makes people not buy cubits because there's nothing to spend it on'
  • The more the merrier I say,but I actually don't care about the prize,I won't join a event if it's boring even if I can win 500K,what I care on a event is the content and to be original not plagiarized!

Tell that to the devs
    'Which makes people not buy cubits because there's nothing to spend it on'
    Which is why people buy things from other people, also why devs test things so that way they can get it released, more people want to buy that stuff, something super rare comes out of it, people buy that, making people get more cubits, more people get the super rare stuff accidentally, more cubits are bought, someone raises the price weirdly and then everyone goes with it, it's worth more so people spend more money buying cubits for it, and then there's the older stuff that a lot of people get (wings, sun crown, blah blah blah), Cosmic Cow gets the money, devs get paid, servers keep going, cycle repeats, and everything is good.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    The event was actually for The Death Course...Anyone still want prizes up to 1k? xD
  • tbh, for me it depends on the activity. If it's a harder thing like building where you'd have to pay out of your own pocket for materials, it'd probably have to be a larger prize, bc I wouldn't want to be doing a lot of work and possibly spending my own cubits for a smaller prize lol. Parkour I wouldn't join in general unless it was multiple prizes because I never win first in parkour. but yea, you should factor in the time it takes to do the activity and if participants would need to buy materials or anything to participate.
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Sculpture said:

The more the merrier I say,but I actually don't care about the prize,I won't join a event if it's boring even if I can win 500K,what I care on a event is the content and to be original not plagiarized!

Boy I could join the most boring event ever for 500k
  • edited July 2017
    I think it largely depends on the length of the event and the level of difficulty. Like for example I thought over 10k was to much for a building contest which I had the impression that we were going to be doing a single 15x15 room. I talked the contest holder down on the prize because it was going to be an upwards of 100k. Then the contest ended up being multiple rooms with the one of the rooms being a 55x55, the contest was a several month process. Most of the contestants gave up, the only reason I did not give up was because of a single jerk face who I hopes gets frequent Jock Itch. Told me I was a crap builder and he was going to spank me in the competition...oh hell no you did not. I ended up spanking him and sending him home to his mommy but I am going off on a rant.

Straight answer, if it is a 20x20 then 10k or below is fine. It depends on the competition and if I am willing to doom someone to death. For each time I enter a contest someone falls ill then dies.

If over 20x20 then the prize for me to be in the competition goes up. First and foremost I value competitions not for the prize but for the challenge. Competitions make me actually get a build done and make something I would of never made before. However I do to a degree like to be compensated especially if it is a room/plot I do not personally own.