The value of each raffle prize should be added to the next raffle prize sign.

I recently found out in the weeks following the raam pet raffle that the winner of that raffle (piper12354) was swindled of the pet because she was unaware of its price. From what i was told she traded it for a car. I think that it would be suitable to add the value of each raffle prize to the next raffle prize sign, so players who win are able to know what the vlaue is in case they ever want to sell the prize for cubits or trade it. The sad thing to thonk about is, the player she sold the pet to probably knew the price but wanted to but it from her for something she didnt know wasnt worth the pet at all. Judge my suggestion as you must, but i just feel bad about what happened to the winner.

Comments

• -Spams refresh button-
    Oh, I found it :D
    Well, +1 and -1
    Reason:
    Qbee will understand the value of the price so they won't get ripped off.
    Finding a price for it is kinda hard, different people chooses a different price, so it's their choice to do the actions/price they choose.
    I might have a few more reasons why or why not soon.
  • -1, mostly because most raffle prizes are holiday items which can go up and down in price very quickly, also- most raffle winners know the value of their prize. As far as I'm aware Piper was the first exception. +1 for the concept tho :)
  • +1 because of the complications of setting up a price at the raffle box and updating it would be quite a chore to do. But I would like to see that! :D
  • -1 The price of certain items not always the same... Sometimes they drop but sometimes they gain... If u put price of the pet, will it be the cost in the cubic store whenever it's still there? Well if it's, then it's the same cost for a car...
  • or you know people can not be silly and get crammed
  • Regarding the topic: I managed to have a short conversation with Piper12354, the raffle winner. She says in the below screenshots that the ram was bought for 5K, and that she now knows its true price.
  • Well it's their own fault for not investigating the real price of the prize... It's good to inform them, but u just make them sad to know the truth... Putting price won't work, since the admins has their own price for each of their items, not same with the price of the players... Sometimes it's higher but sometimes it's lower, so this thing probably won't be out...
  • JadabugJadabug Member
    edited June 2017
    Misticall said:

-1, mostly because most raffle prizes are holiday items which can go up and down in price very quickly, also- most raffle winners know the value of their prize. As far as I'm aware Piper was the first exception. +1 for the concept tho :)

That's actually a lie, Piper was not the first, before when there was a pink umbrella raffle, the player had sold it to a pro for 50k cause that pro told them that the umbrella was only 50k. So plus 1 for this, since most new players that win the raffle will sell their items immediately.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    The community decides the value of items resold in the community not the admins.
    This would in my opinion lead to more issues. They'd be arguments that the admins had set the price either too low or too high.
    Prices are subjective. They can differ vastly from player to player. Supply and demand also fluctuate over time which also affects value.
    If someone really wants to sell an item to say earn some quick cubits for packs for example then they are going to sell it at a lower price that a shop that wanting to turn a reasonable profit who isn't in a rush to sell.
    Do we want all items to have a set amount that they can be sold/purchased for?
    Obviously not this would destroy any chance of player making cubits. Steps like this suggestion would bring us closer to that I fear.

End of the day this is a monthly raffle that 1000s of players enter. The winners should have come to the obvious conclusion that these items are of high value.
    Its 2 people who have been affected over the many raffles that have been run.
    I think adding what the admins think it is worth would cause more issues for more players in the form of disagreements, arguments and maybe even effecting the value of items across the whole game.

People should always be doing research when they buy or sell anything ingame or real life. If I come across a rare item in real life. I would find out its value before I sold it on ebay for $5.
  • PandoritePandorite Member
    edited June 2017
    Misticall said:

Regarding the topic: I managed to have a short conversation with Piper12354, the raffle winner. She says in the below screenshots that the ram was bought for 5K, and that she now knows its true price.

Edition bought it if you still wanna know.

Few counter suggestions.
    Add a warning perhaps in place of a price.
    "Congrats on winning blah blah blah This item has a potentially High value. It's reccomended you research before selling.

A few other issues I have
    Prices haven't been updated since a year ago on the forum. This makes research difficult at best.

99.99% of people you ask will lie. In hopes of screwing you over.

This means for a newb there is no reliable way to find a accurate price beyond happening across a shop that isn't severaly overpriced/underpriced. Has the item. With a price. In the case of ramm.

How was piper supposed to research?

I'll edit something in shortly but we seriously need it. Would make things so simple.
    gdog said:

The community decides the value of items resold in the community not the admins.
    This would in my opinion lead to more issues. They'd be arguments that the admins had set the price either too low or too high.
    Prices are subjective. They can differ vastly from player to player. Supply and demand also fluctuate over time which also affects value.
    If someone really wants to sell an item to say earn some quick cubits for packs for example then they are going to sell it at a lower price that a shop that wanting to turn a reasonable profit who isn't in a rush to sell.
    Obviously not this would destroy any chance of player making cubits. Steps like this suggestion would bring us closer to that I fear.

End of the day this is a monthly raffle that 1000s of players enter. The winners should have come to the obvious conclusion that these items are of high value.
    I think adding what the admins think it is worth would cause more issues for more players in the form of disagreements, arguments and maybe even effecting the value of items across the whole game.

People should always be doing research when they buy or sell anything ingame or real life. If I come across a rare item in real life. I would find out its value before I sold it on ebay for $5.

Edit
    http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_oldschool/
    This a unbiased 100% fact based area. It's got current average prices. High and low. Etc etc etc if we had something like this. Or the access to data to create it I would be more than happy to tell people

"Welp your own fault for not checking."

Until there is a reliable resource for people I don't think that's a fair answer. Unless that is you personally go around buying paper bags for 2k? If so I'm happy to sell

As you know that is what the site says the value is.

Motley Pants: 37.500-45000c
    ▼ Motley Shirt: 10.000-12.500c

That's what site says value of motley is? Will you sell all you got to me at this price? I don't believe you would.

And I'll bet you change your name and lvl to around with motley asking if this is the right price. Everyone will agree

So how is someone to research G-Dog?
    Is it fair to withhold the information?
    Personally I think it should be public knowledge it's ridiculous the way things are currently. I promise you THIS system will ruin the economy. We need something more, Even if it's just the price thread updated.
  • Pandorite said:

Misticall said:

Regarding the topic: I managed to have a short conversation with Piper12354, the raffle winner. She says in the below screenshots that the ram was bought for 5K, and that she now knows its true price.

Few counter suggestions.
    "Congrats on winning blah blah blah This item has a potentially High value. It's reccomended you research before selling.

Prices haven't been updated since a year ago on the forum. This makes research difficult at best.

This means for a newb there is no reliable way to find a accurate price beyond happening across a shop that isn't severaly overpriced/underpriced. Has the item. With a price. In the case of ramm.

I'll edit something in shortly but we seriously need it. Would make things so simple.
    I agree so much with this.
    This is very true, we either need the thread on prices updated on the forums or we need something else in game since most high level players that buy items will lie to new level players in order to get something for way less than it is just so they can make profit.
    There's literally no way to research a price if you want the real price if you have no real friends in game. Most players in the Hollas aren't buying Rams anymore, I haven't seen any ram Hollas since right after the ram event, so this new player had no way to know.
    How is a new player that just started the game probably within 2 weeks suppose to know anyways when the person they are selling it to is some level 50 that seems like they know what they're talking about?
    They don't know cause they trusted the opinion of some guy that was too greedy to tell them the actual price when this player was clearly new and just wanted a car.
  • Jadabug said:

Pandorite said:

Misticall said:

Few counter suggestions.

I agree so much with this.
    This is very true, we either need the thread on prices updated on the forums or we need something else in game since most high level players that buy items will lie to new level players in order to get something for way less than it is just so they can make profit.
    There's literally no way to research a price if you want the real price if you have no real friends in game. Most players in the Hollas aren't buying Rams anymore, I haven't seen any ram Hollas since right after the ram event, so this new player had no way to know.
    How is a new player that just started the game probably within 2 weeks suppose to know anyways when the person they are selling it to is some level 50 that seems like they know what they're talking about?
    They don't know cause they trusted the opinion of some guy that was too greedy to tell them the actual price when this player was clearly new and just wanted a car.
    Yeah, maybe when you win it gives you a little 'info card' about the item. EX

Congratulations, Piper12354 (or player name)!
    You have won the (month/year) raffle of a Ramm (or other prize)!
    Here are some things to know about the Ramm:
    It was introduced in the pets update, but it was removed shortly after, and ever since, it has skyrocketed in value. Current Value: ____ You can only use the Ramm once you are Level 25.
    edited June 2017
    Here is a sample of what the price guide looks like btw

It's separated into different groupings you can select

Last week/month etc

Then
    Recent prices. (in the last month)
    Item name: Balloon (randomly chosen.)
    Maximum: 15k this is the most someone has paid
    Minimum: 10k this is the least
    Average: 12.5k This is average value.
    Price changed: +33% this is the price change in the last x days

Random numbers just for the sake of the example. But as you can see this would be a amazing set of data. It wouldn't be difficult to collect, And would help tons of players.

And if anything this would help the market. As it is currently. Either

-Someone doesn't know the price and sells far higher then value. Confusing other player who don't know
    -Someone doesn't know value Sells far to low. Again confusing unwitting players.

-Player knows price and sells at a normal value. (rare)
    -Player knows price and sells overpriced again confusing people.

The most unfortunate part of this. The only thing that will happen. Is prices keep going up. Players quit potentially removing items. Increasing value. Etc etc etc. Prices will keep rising this isn't a good thing though you might think it is. In the end it's cheaper to simply buy packs. Or wait for the paticular event. Otherwise no rares are sold.

And if the admins refuse to do this. Shop owners could come together to create this data.

Side note I may put together a group of people who wish to do this data sheet with me.
  • +1 Maybe they could make a poll on the forums, and a week later, they could add the price what was highest voted to the sign... (Although, prices can change with in the month... maybe frequently updated?)
  • +1 Maybe they could make a poll on the forums, and a week later, they could add the price what was highest voted to the sign... (Although, prices can change with in the month... maybe frequently updated?)

All they have to do is take data from registers and vends. Which they already have. And compile into a spread sheet.

Or hell make it a in game item You input item type you want to buy/sell it bring up a list of the most recent vend sales and trades. Excluding player name from the information. Anyone could have access to it. Make it a bumper in the shop for whatever price. I would be more then happy to pay for it. And set in a public place in my vend shop.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Again tho. Why spend lots of development hours just to help 2 players.
    It makes no sense with the amount of other stuff they are/could be working on.
    Research is easy. You can make a price check thread on here or go to a few shops and see what people are selling the same item for.
  • gdog said:

Again tho. Why spend lots of development hours just to help 2 players.
    It makes no sense with the amount of other stuff they are/could be working on.
    Research is easy. You can make a price check thread on here or go to a few shops and see what people are selling the same item for.

A noob wouldn't know that 5k isn't a lot, to them it could be more c than they've ever seen... you can't expect them to even know how to do research.
  • lucaaa795 said:

"Congrats on winning blah blah blah This item has a potentially High value. It's reccomended you research before selling."
    We.Need.This.
    +1
    Its a simple pop-up.Can be coded with no doubt in few hours,and when some admin gives X the prize,he gives him that pop-up too

Shout it for people in the back, we don't have to put a price on it since prices are always changing, sometimes serval times in a month, we just need for it to say; "Please do your research before selling it so you know the REAL price of this item. It may have a high value."
    If we can't do prices, then we warn the player. You could even give them links to an updated selling thread or to the forums so if they don't know about the forums somehow, they can make one and make a thread about the price of it.
  • Pandorite said:

Misticall said:

Few counter suggestions.

gdog said:

Edit
    This a unbiased 100% fact based area. It's got current average prices. High and low. Etc etc etc if we had something like this. Or the access to data to create it I would be more than happy to tell people

Until there is a reliable resource for people I don't think that's a fair answer. Unless that is you personally go around buying paper bags for 2k? If so I'm happy to sell

That's what site says value of motley is? Will you sell all you got to me at this price? I don't believe you would.

And I'll bet you change your name and lvl to around with motley asking if this is the right price. Everyone will agree

Personally I think it should be public knowledge it's ridiculous the way things are currently. I promise you THIS system will ruin the economy. We need something more, Even if it's just the price thread updated.
    And hey.... Research is really easy! Else just create a new acc and asking multiple players! Not every people is greedy, some people will tell u the prices nicely, all u need is to spend some times... It's your own fault for being impatient in researching... Don't blame anyone for this!
    edited June 2017

Pandorite said:

Misticall said:

Few counter suggestions.

gdog said:

Edit

And hey.... Research is really easy! Else just create a new acc and asking multiple players! Not every people is greedy, some people will tell u the prices nicely, all u need is to spend some times... It's your own fault for being impatient in researching... Don't blame anyone for this!
    Sigh. I don't have this issue. I'm talking about in cases like pipers

But hey I'll repeat. You buy paper bags 2k each? Thats what research says their value is.
  • edited June 2017
    Pandorite said:

Pandorite said:

Misticall said:

Few counter suggestions.

gdog said:

Edit

Sigh. I don't have this issue. I'm talking about in cases like pipers

But hey I'll repeat. You buy paper bags 2k each? Thats what research says their value is.
    Well, I'll prefer researching at Pen's Yard Rentals, there I can see most items and their average cost... And well, ukr that research on forum is like 6 months ago... But there's not much fluctuate from that, the ram is already expensive that time, so it's still his fault for not doing research, and hey! U know that's not the latest price but u still use it!