Isn't it illegal to scam profile pictures

First of all i was unsure about the category
So I remember months ago some person used a profile picture that someone drew for someone else
I remember a mod said they need permission from the person who drew it or who it was drawn for
So is it illegal to use a picture made for someone else without permission?
Why am I writing this?well too people copied a picture someone drew for themselves (not naming) im just asking to see if I should tell a mod

Comments

• I don't think it's that illegal since a lot of ppl have the cubic castle qbee one...
  • imp said:

I don't think it's that illegal since a lot of ppl have the cubic castle qbee one...

That's the one the auto system gives you :p when you join or when a mod removes an illegal profile picture
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I dont think its somewhere in the rules (ill look it up in forum rules later) but it is lame to take the picture without asking though

But also keep in mind people can most times find the pictures when they search cubiccastles so they can not always know about it
  • SepailSepail Member
    Same question i asked Horus about copying other realms. "Not really illegal" but going against etics and copyrights. I think here same.
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited June 2017
    Same question i asked Horus about copying other realms. "Not really illegal" but going against ethics and "copyright". I think here same.
  • If you have permission from the owner who made the picture then it should be ok. If not then you shouldnt be allowed to use the picture
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

If you have permission from the owner who made the picture then it should be ok. If not then you shouldnt be allowed to use the picture

He asked if it was "scammed" :P
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Sepail said:

Same question i asked Horus about copying other realms. "Not really illegal" but going against ethics and "copyright". I think here same.

Pretty much.

Though there should be rules added regarding the use of official profile images such as the "banned" image.
    Perhaps one could be added for artists to "request" the removal of authored images etc, for forum moderators to review.
    But overall, that is up to the administration to consider.