to get it straight......

elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
so i dont think if a person called ''ellebelle'' is spreading rumors right now..... but let me explain what happened for the sake to be sure ;/

so today i was just playing cc till i saw that person, he sayed he was mister gaming det er mlg or something (dont remember the name fully) and that he still had to give cubits from a certain giveaway and he still owed me 30k....

so he sayed he wanted to sell his balloons to get the cubits but he first needed a vending machine to sell it (here it became to get a small bit fishy, but didnt expect it) so i gave him the vending machine and tped to him, he told me the plan to do a holla saying a balloon will be 2k but he changed it to 20k so i sayed him he had to sell them fair and he sayed okay, to be sure i stayed there to see if he indeed did it fair, but he did the holla with the 2k thing.... and thnx to that he scammed also @sir hayes. (i buyed a balloon extra for him so he can atleast get his 20k back by selling those 2, after all it was my mistake for giving him the vend) with it..... okay now you can be say ''he had to control the vend screen, they are there for that'' but would you look precisly what is standing there when it should be 2k and there are like 30 people all swarming around it? well anyways we tried to get it back by saying about the 30k deal so i could atleast pay hayes back (yes i did the balloon then already but still, cubits back is better than needing to sell a balloon still) but he just kept going away and he was still trying to scam people the balloon again for 20k

so i am not asking to get him banned (what i think should happen since he is already ip banned and more accounts are banned.....) but if you do also make sure his realms are completely empty and also his inventory (just trash it or something) just to make sure he doesnt just make another account and again exchanges it, also be sure to hold an eye to the diveice he makes them on, since i think he could already have exchanged them by now ;/

Comments

• I dont think you are at fault, yes you are entangled and it was your vends but not your responsibility to cover Mr. Hayes. I am sorry elemental there is no excuse not to read the confirmation window. I don't care if there are people swarming the vending machine. By the age of nine we should learn that if we put our hand in a fire that it is going to be hot and burn. We should not promote people being careless.
  • What do you mean he's already IP banned? If he was IP banned, he wouldn't be able to log on.
    Also, it really isn't your fault that he scammed, just next time take screenshots if he does ask that or does it.
    You don't have to give someone back their 20k for a balloon when it's the scammer that has the money.
    I would just avoid the guy and forget about the 30k they owed me.
  • Jadabug said:

What do you mean he's already IP banned? If he was IP banned, he wouldn't be able to log on.
    Also, it really isn't your fault that he scammed, just next time take screenshots if he does ask that or does it.
    You don't have to give someone back their 20k for a balloon when it's the scammer that has the money.
    I would just avoid the guy and forget about the 30k they owed me.

Depends that's true if he's got a static ip. Many people can simply reset their router for a new ip. This is the reason scammers are so persistent even with ip bans. And device bans. Because for the tech savvy it's a simply matter to change what the server sees you as.

Now they could do ip ban ranges however this would affect far more then the guilty party, And it's unlikely they would be long term bans.

For those who don't understand why, Or what I mean it's pretty simple. So if you are able to change your ip it'll generally stay within a certain range of ips.

Say your city's ip range is 1-5 (I'm way over simplifying this.) and the next town over is 6-10

So you get in trouble receive a ban. Change ip log in with a new one. Your flagged account will actually trigger the new ip and ban it. However every other person in your city with a fluid ip can receive your old banned ip. So these bans have to be a short duration or risk alienating innocent people.

People with static ips have to buy a new modem lol

Maybe your understood maybe you didn't
    TLDR: Ip bans are not very effective sadly. Resulting in a lot of temporary fixs