GIVE US BACK 50x50 MINES!

edited March 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
Don't get me wrong 100x100 mines are a nice idea. But why can't they just stay in Spyre? Why do they have to be in EVERY overworld? For hosting fun Giveaways in mines, 50x50 ones are way more convinient. (since if someone places a Qbee bomb and you start from portal, you still have a chance of getting back to "the run")! Also the spawning of "random things" in 100x100 mines looks terribel sometimes. Especially in forest mines there's shrooms, flowers or hives on EVERY grassblock in one whole screen for example. There's games you can only rlly play in a 50x50 mine. Why not give Qbees the option to chose what mine they feel like??? I dislike the update a lot! Plz give us 50x50 mines back! At least for example only Pelago (or any other wolrd)!

Comments

• The old mine has 50x50 size... Not 30x30
  • It doesn't matter at all. It was WAY smaller. and we want it back! Or at least be given the choice!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wurfino: "more of the players"? and what is with the rest?! I don't understand why they would not give us a choice! It's clearly no big deal to make one world with smaller mines!?!? WHY WOULD THEY TAKE AWAY THE RIGHT TO CHOSE!?!?!? It's horrible!
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited March 2016
    I'd be up for different sized mines (30x, 50x, 70x, 100x) but, I feel some may leave if they didn't find the proper size they'd prefer it in.
    OR
    some could lag from the bigger mines (speaking from a App User/Tablet player) It's possible their device might crash.

Thinking about it from a developers perspective: it's a huge effort to create the mines layouts and it'd be rude have their efforts wasted if player left mines to find specific ones and OLY specific ones. I feel people do that enough anyway with the side-ore mining and ditch. :/
  • I wouldn t know about crashes on mobile devices. But believing you, it would only give my argument a better foundation. When it would be clear that for example in Eden all mines would be 50x50 in Pelago 70x70 and in Spyre 100x100, mobile users could use Eden and people who don't wanna meet anybody and just explore would use Spyre. And it would be no big deal, becuz all the mines have been programmed b4!?!?
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    They did ask us what did we think when it was just Spyre. I thought the majority agreed 100x100 was best. Go back and count them up again.

Remember, they did this because of ever increasing crowding in the mines. I Know 100x100 mines are tough on portable devices but there are too many people playing for 50x50 mines.

*Possible solution:
    Make it known what the size of the mine is before entering on the realm tag. Split it up so it is fair for the portables and slow PC's.
  • Oh yea.. things u need to know that more trees in forest = more mushrooms cos mushrooms are spawned near the trees
  • @TheTimMan yes, your solution is perfect and it just MUST be included. Or cc will lose the majority of portable device players!
    @ Lightosphere ahh, that's why it looks kinda weird at first ;)
  • pysinopysino WA Australia Member
    edited March 2016
    I like 100 X 100 please stop complaing. We had over 200+ people Liking the 100 X 100
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    Why not rent/buy a room and make it a free build? So you can do a giveaway in it
  • @ pysino Yes, like I wrote: "100x100 mines are nice" just not ALL of the mines?!?! >>> see various reasons we've listed in this post so far!
    All of them yes. More recourse aye?
  • Hello,
    We do not need a rebellion to spark over something so little, that can easily be fixed. If you are not happy with the 100x100 Mines, you have a few solutions. If you are hosting a giveaway, you are probably able to host a give away in a room buy. Also mines are not called "Come have a giveaway" they are for mining. Not giving stuff away. Also, I see very few "Real" giveaways happening anymore. Here we use majority rules, as in example. A majority of us wanted larger mines. So they went with that. You will find in ALL games that not everyone is happy. In games especially like Cubic Castles, you must sacrifice, and learn that thing have to happen. The 100x100 Mines were implemented due to shortage of mines, after side mining was removed. Quickly re-re-added but now less ores. Now users can not only gather more of Nature items, but mine more often. If we have 100x100 Mines in only 1 mines all users will receive a HUGE AMOUNT OF LAG. Even if we have them in 2-3. Also now most people were complaining peeps were stealing there stuff 100x100 Mines help with that as well.
  • HinterHinter Member, Retired Moderator

The old mine has 50x50 size... Not 30x30

The original mine sactually were 30x30, then they were raised to 50x50, and now 100x100

• Hinter said:

The old mine has 50x50 size... Not 30x30

The original mine sactually were 30x30, then they were raised to 50x50, and now 100x100

Sorry IDK about it cos when i started this game it already has 50x50 size XD
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member

I agree we need the old mines back for the following reasons
    1. Less raw ore see now things like gold and coal are very rare plus

2. It will lag for some users this could even make new users decide to leave the game, spam, break rules out of anger and leave bad reviews making the game less child friendly and shown as a bad game meaning less people getting the game.

EDIT: I have spoken to at least 30 users who hate the new mines and there is way more I have not spoken to.

1- just mine for it. this is a good time to stop being lazy. PLUS. there are WAY more resources than before!

2- it will lag for the users, yes, but thats only if they load many blocks at once. bad reviews? who even checks them anymore?

719matmat said:

I agree we need the old mines back for the following reasons
    1. Less raw ore see now things like gold and coal are very rare plus

2. It will lag for some users this could even make new users decide to leave the game, spam, break rules out of anger and leave bad reviews making the game less child friendly and shown as a bad game meaning less people getting the game.

EDIT: I have spoken to at least 30 users who hate the new mines and there is way more I have not spoken to.

1- just mine for it. this is a good time to stop being lazy. PLUS. there are WAY more resources than before!

2- it will lag for the users, yes, but thats only if they load many blocks at once. bad reviews? who even checks them anymore?
    Not everyone has hours and hours of time to spare meaning they could spend all their time on CC per day to only get to about 20 gold ore
    ehhh, then just buy it. or do it the really mean way; alt hopping
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Moving this topic to where it belongs.
    Moved.

Not everyone has tens of thousands of cubits to spare

me=5c

alt hopping?

alt hopping is something super dumb and mean to do. it involves abusing the free materials from starter realms.
  • Hey, you're missing the point!
    Facts are:
    Positives of 100x100 mines:
    - less crowded mines
    - more adventure for players
    - ores and gems become harder to find

Negatives of 100x100 mines:
    - Lag issues, especially for mobile users (this point is HUGE though)
    - The spawning of nature is just wrong in 100x100 mines (cactus, shrooms, ...)
    (- Giveaways in mines no fun anymore)

>>> Solution: Have both sizes! EZY

@-Geo-
    I think it's egocentric to say that this is "something so little". For me the ores removal was little, but ppl. hated it. The 100x100 mines might be liked by 70% of cc players. Still there's no reason why to screw over the other 30% when the solution seems so damn simple.....
  • i've noticed not all mines are 100x100 ive checked some mines and counted and they werent 100x100 you just think there not 60x60 because theres fog! i dont know if this is a glitch though...
    I love the 100 X 100 mines, I use to always go to spyre to go into these mines and You want them back? And yes the Nature position needs to be fixed but Mine giveaways are still no fun because you don't get a chance to get anything much
    All my 3 phones and 3 IPads Don't Lag
  • pysino said:

I love the 100 X 100 mines, I use to always go to spyre to go into these mines and You want them back? And yes the Nature position needs to be fixed but Mine giveaways are still no fun because you don't get a chance to get anything much

Lucky many people lag with a 100x100 mine.
  • .ci..ci. Member

I wouldn t know about crashes on mobile devices. But believing you, it would only give my argument a better foundation. When it would be clear that for example in Eden all mines would be 50x50 in Pelago 70x70 and in Spyre 100x100, mobile users could use Eden and people who don't wanna meet anybody and just explore would use Spyre. And it would be no big deal, becuz all the mines have been programmed b4!?!?

I like this idea.
    Also, I agree that not all the mines should be 100x100. It is much harder to find cavern mines when there is sooooooo much space it could possibly be! If there are some (if not all) mines that are back to small, then cavern hunting, egg hunting, jewel block hunting, games, zilla chasing, and finding specific things will be easier and a whole lot smoother.... at least in my opinion and what I think from experience. I would prefer at least some mines to somehow return to being small.
    Thank you
  • pysino said:

Good job... your parents have the money to buy you the latest 3 phones and iPads.... xD

Yeah, there are smaller mines left indeed :D I'm lovin it! Only hoppin between the 3 small mines I know atm :D Thx to everyone who told me to search for those!!! ^-^

I hope they leave at least some of the small mines! *fingers crossed*