Music?

This is a little hard to put in words what I'm trying to explain. But here it goes:

I think this game sounds a bit empty, and usually I'll just turn on a Spotify playlist. But I was thinking, why not have music that we can assign to certain rooms of our realms. For example: If you had a room that was artic you could put on some artic sounding music. I dunno in the end it's up to the devs. (and yes a made a thread for this in the Steam forums, I just thought it would get more traction here.)

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    its on the todo list.. one day
  • lucaaa795 said:

Copyright issues might appear..
    But yeah im all for it
    +1

I was saying custom music not your latest eminem.
  • its on the todo list.. one day

Ok thanks it's not a mandatory thing so take your time.
  • lucaaa795 said:

I swear that the todo list is getting more and more endless (Wait what) !
    So many good suggestions poppin out everyday..So many
    kkramer14 said:

lucaaa795 said:

But yeah im all for it
    +1

Even custom,they will have to
    -Hire a music creator who will create the music
    -Pay him/them lotta $$$
    -Risk not to get copyright.
    Thanks for the clarfication.
  • Ome ROme R Member
    Also a hired creater would be able to make music like MGN radio making sure the music wasn't copyrighted it would b boring like said wouldn't be like your latest Eminem just plain radio music.
  • Lil Natey said:
    This is different. I'm saying we add music to our realms that fit the mood (out of the games music) Not just background music.
  • Also a hired creater would be able to make music like MGN radio making sure the music wasn't copyrighted it would b boring like said wouldn't be like your latest Eminem just plain radio music.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one else will like it.
  • nice idea even though my pc is always muted
    and be careful for multipost
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I know a good idea!

The music making contest! Make your own theme styled music (the dev then just do some things that needs in the music) the prices are up to the dev too of course but i would do many places since not everyone is fantastic at making music

Also be sure then to put a disclaimer saying that they get automaticly access even if copyrighted (so it has to be really their music of course)
  • Copyright wouldn't be a issue if you were do something similar to what the Frankfurt airport in Europe has. Its randomly generated eletronic music. No copyright issues whatsoever also it sounds pretty cool c:
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    lucaaa795 said:

There really is no end to the stuff we could add/improve/revisit. As long as people still want to play it's really just a question of trying to prioritise what to work on. Deciding which things are the most important things to add next is tricky.
  • Ome ROme R Member
    kkramer14 said:

Also a hired creater would be able to make music like MGN radio making sure the music wasn't copyrighted it would b boring like said wouldn't be like your latest Eminem just plain radio music.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one else will like it.
    Im Not saying i wont like it i am just saying that if we could add our own music (by custom) that only we in the game could hear
  • +1 also i think this can lead to some ear exploder actions
  • Maybe a music box or juke box and u get disc to play song with
  • lucaaa795 said:

kkramer14 said:

lucaaa795 said:

But yeah im all for it
    +1

Even custom,they will have to
    -Hire a music creator who will create the music
    -Pay him/them lotta $$$
    -Risk not to get copyright.
    They don't have to hire a music creator. I'm pretty sure if they ask the community, a few people would be able to make music. It could turn into a contest sort of thing. Kinda like the intro contest
  • its on the todo list.. one day

Maybe you could use the hyperlink you or one of the moderators and administrators posted for free-noncopyright songs when the trailer contest was in action?

• +1 also i think this can lead to some ear exploder actions

Okay
    *Turn kn Xtrullor - Supernova and Screamroom full sound*
    ear exploded :D
  • Grrrrrrrrreat
  • +10000 sometimes i hate too silence in a realm/room
    if a cafe no background music will become how?
    i agree