Profanity filter blocks appropriate words

.x Sugar Crush x. .x Sugar Crush x. Zeeland, The NetherlandsMember
I'm a dutch player and I've noticed that a lot of dutch words get blocked by the profanity filter.
For example the words register = kassa, watch out = oppassen, change = aanpassen.. etc
I think I don't have to explain why they are blocked ;). What I want to say is that it's hard sometimes to have a conversation in dutch without the word getting blocked and getting a report because people think you're cursing. I would like it if someone can check it out and I'm willing to provide a list of those dutch words that are getting blocked.

Comments

• CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    It happens to all languages besides English. I don't think it could be fixed any time soon. Happens to me as well when I speak Russian.
  • Tip: never say words with 2 S, in portuguese there are words with 2 S and they get blocked
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Can just add a space in between or a dot so it doesn't censor. Also if you want to provide list of censored words that aren't bad words, you'd have to provide a huge list of words that have to be censored as well. But I still don't think it would be possible to implement any time soon. I wanted to provide that for my language as well, but it's basically a super long lists of words, especially bad ones.
  • piratax10 said:

Tip: never say words with 2 S, in portuguese there are words with 2 S and they get blocked

*Never say a word with "a", followed by 2 "s"
  • pysinopysino WA Australia Member

piratax10 said:

Tip: never say words with 2 S, in portuguese there are words with 2 S and they get blocked

*Never say a word with "a", followed by 2 "s"
    How bout Grass .-.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    HEEEEUUUHHH NEDERLAND
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited March 2016
    It's definitely a lot more complicated than it looks to add more words to the filter.

Lets be hypothetical.
    Take the image for example..
    If the three lettered title for such a creature was added ( remember.. we are being hypothetical ) , every other word that includes those three letters has to be added to the exception list.
    Grass, mass, and literally a further 148 words. Yes, another 148 words!

Then if all present languages were added as well, those further 148 words may just as well turn into 1000's.

Now thats just three little letters. Try the maths and add further non exceptions or even exceptions to the ones we already have.

And thats just adding them.

Amazing no?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yeah. There exist 6800 languages with around 60.000 words each.

That means that 408.000.000 words does need to be filtered!
  •  .x Sugar Crush x. .x Sugar Crush x. Zeeland, The NetherlandsMember
    @BJDware; You're right its too much work to add all those words, definitly if you have to do this with every language. Maybe if I thought about it a little more I could have known it would be too complicated. ;) But thanks for the effort to explain it to me!