Bring back the Good Vibes Only in the forums

Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
edited May 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
The "irritating problems" in the forums keeps increasing. I am absolutely hating what the forum has become now. A few people take CC way too seriously for a game. And they disrupt the normal nice atmosphere of this game, the main reason I play CC. This isn't real life. IT DOESN'T NEED A REVOLUTION. The forums isn't a place for complaining. It doesn't have a complaints and criticism section. It has a suggestions section. So that's the max you can do. So stop acting like you're doing the right thing and standing up for people and whatever. You are standing up for nobody buy yourself. All you're doing is feeding your thirst for conflict. The Internet is already filled with conflict. Go to Facebook or YT comments sections for that. Leave us in peace.

I believe the forum mods and admins are being far too lenient. They need to be way more strict. You admins and devs made the game. You can do whatever you want with it. So you should stop the few people continously abusing your tolerance for such behavior. I get it, you want to keep it open so that ideas flow around and new and creative stuff can develop. But what's happening here is in no way healthy. I play CC for the good vibes, and in the game I can ignore the cancerous people. But not in the forums, because here they're everywhere.

I avoid direct debates with such people because I believe nothing constrictive will happen out of it and it will simply be a waste of my time. But the way they're spreading to activity posts and discussion posts, I can't ignore it anymore.

Of course, the easy solution would be to leave the forums. A few people have done it in the past. But why should I leave? I play this game for what it gives, and that's still present. So why should I stop enjoying the game and what it provides. The problems we people are facing are not part of what the game is meant to deliver. It's caused by players. And if a few players make it hard for the majority of the other players to enjoy the game, I think the people who made the game should definitely do something about it. Raise the banhammers. Warn people. I don't care. Fix the forums. Bring back good vibes only.

Comments

• YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
  • edited May 2017
    I find it ironic that you state that this is not a place for complaining but instead suggestions but this to me feels like a complaint. Using strong words like cancer leaves nothing but a bad taste in my mouth. This post is not spreading good vibes as you label it, it merely sparks yet more debate. Instead of creating a positive post of kittens you made this.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited May 2017
    Well maybe I am part of the bad vibes then :) Bad vibes generate more negativity. And that's what resulted in this post. I never said this post is to spread good vibes. It's to bring back good vibes. Cuz it's missing.

I found it necessary to address the issue, and I can see that me saying all this puts me in the same place as the people I think are causing the problems. I'm not dumb.

But you missed a point completely. I wasn't complaining against the people who made the game. This is what I said: this game doesn't ask you to criticize it. But it does give you a right to complain against other players who may disrupt you and others from enjoying the game. By reporting, in-game. And flagging in the forums. But it got beyond the point of flagging and thus needed a post.

It would be nice if you tried to understand what I'm trying to say instead of jumping to a conclusion and going against me right away.
  • I find it ironic that you state that this is not a place for complaining but instead suggestions but this to me feels like a complaint. Using strong words like cancer leaves nothing but a bad taste in my mouth. This post is not spreading good vibes as you label it, it merely sparks yet more debate. Instead of creating a positive post of kittens you made this.

Well said.
    also Most posts don't have a bad vibe imo.
    I think it's great that people have the opportunity to complain in a reasonable manner.
    As long as it is civilised and constructive I don't see why its such an issue.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12303/i-want-to-hear-forumers

All the arguments going on are really civilized and constructive, aren't they? Here, and in the activity posts. People are so-called "protesting" against people who made and work for the game in the forums of a game meant for mainly kids, and adults who want to leave the hectic world of conflict and harshness to have childlike fun. No bad vibes at all. No conflict being created. Absolutely reasonable, and should not be an issue that anyone should address.

And clearly, it's never the same names that come up whenever there's an argument in the forums.

Of course, some people might play CC for the conflict and absolutely enjoy the arguments and being keyboard warriors. But that's not the case for me.
  • ThuggieThuggie Member
    Sht. Shhhhht. too much arguments .
  • Uhh. I'd like to request that you take out the word 'cancer'. Cancer is a horrible thing. Real people suffer from it. People die from it. It's not a joke word to use to describe rudeness. If you want to bring 'good vibes', don't use words like 'cancer' to describe it.
  • iKONICiKONIC Member
    edited May 2017
    Misticall said:

Uhh. I'd like to request that you take out the word 'cancer'. Cancer is a horrible thing. Real people suffer from it. People die from it. It's not a joke word to use to describe rudeness. If you want to bring 'good vibes', don't use words like 'cancer' to describe it.

Sure thing.

You know what? Let's just all admire the animals in the new farming pack and compliment the Developers for adding them in. And let's all just agree that those animals are cute. Period.

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Yes let us stop complaining by making more thread which will obviously cause an argument.