Thoughts on the Ramm contest

Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
edited May 2017 in Community
If you win a Ramm in the contest, congratulations to you. This post is about my opinion on what not to do with your new Ramm pet.

A lot of people had been asking to bring the Ramm back, even if in a small amount. They're the people without a Ramm and who want it for themselves. Another group didn't want the Ramm to come back because they wanted it to be in low numbers in the game so that it could be treated like a collector's item and not something everyone could have. In my opinion, none of these groups should have a say in what happens to the Ramm, because it's the developer's game and they can do and say whatever they want without caring about whether you like it or not.

Anyways, the devs responded by hosting an event giving away 16 ramms to the best builds of ramms (9 in forums, 7 in Facebook). Of course now the group that wanted the Ramm back should be happy, they got what they wanted, 16 new ramms for the community. The other group shouldn't be sad either because they have the chance to win the new ramms and therefore keep the number of people owning it still low. It all depends on building skills and creativity, which I think is a fair way to distribute an item in a game where building is an important gameplay feature.

I'd like to thank the devs for hosting the event like this, to promote building, instead of business. Because business doesn't need promotion in CC. Building does. And I believe it worked, because there are lots of people building whatever they can think of, which some of them probably might not have done if a Ramm prize was not at stake.

Now I'd like to make a suggestion to all the talented people who will win Ramms in this event. Do not sell your new Ramm. I will give my reasons.

Firstly, it is a prize you got for a skill you possess, which others do not. It is something you should cherish. Cubits will come and cubits will go but Ramms, or anything you won using your talent, will not come back again once you lose it. (Unless you have more than one Ramms lol then by all means go crazy). You might have 600k or even 1M in your pocket after you part with your Ramm, but you won't have the Ramm, the item everyone wanted, but not everyone got.

Imo, a lot of people want Ramms for their rarity, and if it was still in the cubic store, they would look at it like just another hopper or dragon. They just want it the same way they horde cubits or super rares, and then maybe even sell it later. The players who wanted Ramm back wanted it for the community didn't they? Because they were arguing with the so-called selfish people who didn't want Ramms back. If those players end up not winning and instead buying a Ramm from a winner, it would be made fully clear that those people were selfish too, and wanted the Ramm for themselves exactly like the people they had called selfish when debating about Ramms. You shouldn't cater to the wants of these selfish people and give them what they want.

If you exchange the Ramm for cubits, a month or a year later you'll end up spending it all. But if you have a Ramm, it will stay with you forever and will be something special and meaningful that you possess. So my advice to you, don't sell your new Ramm. You got it as a reward for your talent. Don't treat it like just another vanity item. It's special.

Thank you :)

P.S. I may or may not win a Ramm pet in this event. But that won't change my opinion on the Ramm.

N.B. I want no debate here. This is just my opinion, and it may not go with yours, but I'm not here to argue.

Comments

• So true! If I win a Ramm, I know I will be speed leveling to 25 as soon as possible to care for the Ramm <3
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    They're giving away one in raffle too so it's basically 17 ;)
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember

But they've given away ramms in raffle before too haven't they? That's why I didn't count this one.

But they've given away ramms in raffle before too haven't they? That's why I didn't count this one.
    Yeah Ramm was the second item in raffle, after the starter Umbrella
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    you're making me feel bad :P
    but I'm gonna say that I agree with you. if anyone remember Rabbi's Easter contest I won first place and got a bunny top hat, I still have the hat it's my least favorite but I could never sell it because it reminds me that people picked my work and thought that it should win. it's a trophy and I would never get rid of it. I told you the other day "this is my chance to get---" now you make this thread and made me realize that I'm too focused on that and not on something much more, I'm gonna have to think it over.
    edited May 2017
    Oh lol I completely forgot about that XD it's a bit different in your case I suppose. Because you'd rather get *that item* than the Ramm. So it's almost like *that item* would be your trophy instead of the Ramm. And it's just that one item that's special. You're not after the coobits. I mean, if you won, and you could, you would try and see if they'd give you *that item* instead of the Ramm XD

And at the end of the day what you do with an item you own is entirely up to the owner. It's just that what it symbolizes is more important than what it is. If you bought 100 sculpty packs with the c and treated that like a trophy of your winning, there's nothing wrong with that either.

I didn't mean to make you or anyone else feel bad. We all have our goals and paths and we should by all means follow that. Wanting to buy a Ramm isn't wrong either, if that's your aim. I just realized I wrote this whole thing in a wrong and probably accusing tone. Didn't mean for that. Sorry XD

I'd rather sell the ramm and be happy than look at it everyday and dream about what could have been done with the c it would generate and be sad and wish it gone. My post just broke down to pieces XD I'm contradicting myself now XD
  • I'm agree with you! If I won the Ramm, I will keep it as my collections because all the pet I left is Ramm... Too bad ..
  • JadabugJadabug Member
    So true, I agree.
  • If i win a ramm,i would keep it in my whole cubic castles life.yes,If i sell it i will get alot of cubits,but when i have alot of cubits,the game will easily get bored for me.
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited May 2017
    As you said, you dont want a debate about this, and you're right cause the choice owns each one.

I would really agree if the ram was a dedicated item linked to the event. But it's not.
    The ram is just a "random expensive" item that any good shoper could have. It's for me one more reason not to reward with a ram, but with a cup, medal or any other item dedicated to the event.

My concern, as it is, it could have been 750k or a ram, it would have been the same. I may sell it to pay worker of the horn, or reward players in my own events.
    It would have been a dedicated item, i would carefully keep it...

;)
    Yeah that's true. And a dedicated item would have been great. A special item that can only be got from winning this, a little like the umbrella and the balloon maybe.

But since that's not the case, I don't mind treating this "normal" item like a dedicated item either XD

Also, we all know what happens when the devs try to make special items for special people. Like the press hat. So unless that item was non-tradable, it wouldn't be amy use. In CC, everything is buyable as long as you have money and someone is willing to sell it. That's where my point to not sell the ramm came from.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Yeah that's true. And a dedicated item would have been great. A special item that can only be got from winning this, a little like the umbrella and the balloon maybe.

But since that's not the case, I don't mind treating this "normal" item like a dedicated item either XD

Also, we all know what happens when the devs try to make special items for special people. Like the press hat. So unless that item was non-tradable, it wouldn't be amy use. In CC, everything is buyable as long as you have money and someone is willing to sell it. That's where my point to not sell the ramm came from.

If there comes an item "only gettable from this event" that would mean only 14 would be in the game.... and remember what happened with the price of umbrella when there were 50 in the game? That would make it a bit too high in price dont ya think?
    Like he said. **IF** we had a 'trophy ' or something similar, it SHOULD be non-tradable. I think having a monthly, small, building contest on FB/Forums for a few trophies would be cool. But if the Dev's made em tradeable, no point doing it, might aswell through us more pets :/

Like he said. **IF** we had a 'trophy ' or something similar, it SHOULD be non-tradable. I think having a monthly, small, building contest on FB/Forums for a few trophies would be cool. But if the Dev's made em tradeable, no point doing it, might aswell through us more pets :/

Well the winning builder should have the mindset to not sell something absolutely ungettable for a few cheap cubits. It's more about what your personal preference is.
  • ThuggieThuggie Member
    For the ones who got no time, or money, winning is almost impossible. Maybe that I'm just being jealous, but making win ramms in a contest, RAMMS. its too much.
    (yes I am jealous) but as I said , some that could diserve it but cannot participate, fo ig or irl reasons can be disapointed.
  • If I won a Ramm I would sell it and become a millionaire. Then with my $$$ FAT WALLET $$$ I would first order myself online a bride from Russia. I would want three things out of her

1. To Love Me Unconditionally
    2. To Be Able To Cosplay And Look Super Fine. Seen those girls at Comic Con, whew get me a fan because it is getting hot in here.
    3. To Be A Sandwich Making Goddess. Sandwiches by concept are straightforward and simple but only a few earthly creatures have been gifted with the innate ability to prepare the perfect sandwich where there is a perfect balance of ingredients. My mom is one such creature but it is not a simple process of getting her to make me a sandwich. It begins like this- MOMMY PWEASE MAKE ME A SAMWITCH! Her reply, ugh no you are twenty six and an adult you can make your own sandwich. Then I cry...and have to beg more until she caves. She is so good at making PB&Js that people who normally hate that type of sandwich will gladly eat one, pure witchcraft! If I had a wife who was a sandwich making goddess I could be like WOMEN GET IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME A SANDWICH ON THE DOUBLE...or something like that.

Then after getting offline because I had found my perfect mail order bride I would buy myself a modest sized house with at least sixteen bathrooms and stables to house exotic animals like llamas!

Then I would hop into my brand new Jeep and drive to Subway to get ten meatball marinara sandwiches.

After that I would have to think of what to do with my vast riches but that is what I have so far.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

If I won a Ramm I would sell it and become a millionaire. Then with my $$$ FAT WALLET $$$ I would first order myself online a bride from Russia. I would want three things out of her

2. To Be Able To Cosplay And Look Super Fine. Seen those girls at Comic Con, whew get me a fan because it is getting hot in here.
    3. To Be A Sandwich Making Goddess. Sandwiches by concept are straightforward and simple but only a few earthly creatures have been gifted with the innate ability to prepare the perfect sandwich where there is a perfect balance of ingredients. My mom is one such creature but it is not a simple process of getting her to make me a sandwich. It begins like this- MOMMY PWEASE MAKE ME A SAMWITCH! Her reply, ugh no you are twenty six and an adult you can make your own sandwich. Then I cry...and have to beg more until she caves. She is so good at making PB&Js that people who normally hate that type of sandwich will gladly eat one, pure witchcraft! If I had a wife who was a sandwich making goddess I could be like WOMEN GET IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME A SANDWICH ON THE DOUBLE...or something like that.

Then after getting offline because I had found my perfect mail order bride I would buy myself a modest sized house with at least sixteen bathrooms and stables to house exotic animals like llamas!

Then I would hop into my brand new Jeep and drive to Subway to get ten meatball marinara sandwiches.

After that I would have to think of what to do with my vast riches but that is what I have so far.

Made my day
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    The way I look at it, is why keep hold of something that could be used for better purposes if sold.
    You could buy realms and all the blocks you would need to make epic adventures etc.

I sold my press hat when only certain few could have it for 793k.
    With that money I got so much more stuff out of it. I bought realms, lots of items.
    I did giveaways. Put the cubits to one side for future video pack openings etc.

People who win can do whatever they want with it tho.
    If you see past the value the ramm is imo the worst pet in the game, maybe tied with the piggie (only because it has that stupid heart on the side of it)

I'll always have either Chubby G, my dog or Ziggy, my black cat with me. or on occasion my level 50 turkey just because its ridiculous.
    It's all fine. To each his own, and as I said to Miwky before:

And at the end of the day what you do with an item you own is entirely up to the owner. It's just that what it symbolizes is more important than what it is. If you bought 100 sculpty packs with the c and treated that like a trophy of your winning, there's nothing wrong with that either.

I'd rather sell the ramm and be happy than look at it everyday and dream about what could have been done with the c it would generate and be sad and wish it gone. My post just broke down to pieces XD I'm contradicting myself now XD

I didn't want a debate cuz a lot of debates have been turning into cancer here recently. But your opinions are very welcome here. And after hearing all you people's thoughts, I might just end up selling the ramm myself someday XD
  • JAXsepticeyeJAXsepticeye Member
    edited May 2017
    I personally wanted them back to give a few people, deserving, a chance to own one.

I agree to you though Devs should be the one to decide what happens about the ramms.
    I also think people should keep the earned prizes cuz they eraned it..

If I won a Ramm I would sell it and become a millionaire. Then with my $$$ FAT WALLET $$$ I would first order myself online a bride from Russia. I would want three things out of her

Your Russian Bride will never love you the way the ramm did >:V.... <3

• Pft....+_+ even if that is true a Ramm can not make sandwiches >:O! Unless it is a really talented ramm....then I may reconsider.
    edited September 2017

It's all fine. To each his own, and as I said to Miwky before:

I didn't want a debate cuz a lot of debates have been turning into cancer here recently. But your opinions are very welcome here. And after hearing all you people's thoughts, I might just end up selling the ramm myself someday XD
    Yep. I'm a hypocrite. Decided to sell my ramm XD if someone buys it that is.
    Reason: Big building plans. Small pocket.