Danmachi has won the Ram Kennel! Next up is a Wuvva Pig Kennel!
NOTE: This topic is not for reporting scams/thefts, please do so within this topic:
Scam Reports. Click here.
Every MMO out there has a minority who likes to thieve and trick players out of possessions. The developers of Cosmic Cow Games have done and do a lot for the players by reducing the risks. But it can be quite impossible to remove all the risks altogether. The first line of defence always comes from each player, and the biggest hurdle is awareness and lack of caution.
Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Always use a cash register to trade/purchase items. Or Vending machines to purchase items.
If neither are available, typing "/Trade" within the chat window allows players within the same room, to trade up to two items within a safe trading window.
- Always trade within the available slots of a cash register. Try to split up trades that exceed the available slots maintaining equal value, or avoid such trades.
- Always take your time with trades and triple check what is offered. This can be done by selecting items within the trade window ( this displays an items title ), then checking once again via the confirmation window. Never rush a trade and always check.
- Be wary of purchasing deeds. Used deeds can only be placed and used by the original owners. And some may not be what they appear to be at all.
- Avoid purchasing placed rooms. Original owners to a room can always fully access the room.
- Never pay for services or items via a tip piggy. Tip pigs are designed for donations, not payments. Placing cubits within a pig, is an act of donation not payment.
- Avoid drop trades. Dropping items in exchange for items or services is not a safe practice.
- Do not drop items that you do not wish to lose. Dropping items within realms/rooms that are not your own, or within realms/rooms that others have permissions within, puts you at risk of losing said item('s). Either by theft or losing permission to re-obtain them.
This also includes: Lending/borrowing/loaning items and cubits.
- Be wary of paying for promised services and be wary of performing services that others promise payment for.
Player made games/events that require payment or require payment with the promise of potential reward.
- Be wary of giving out build permissions within realms/rooms that you do not want griefed or items stolen from. Try to avoid giving out perms.
- Be careful of CO-OP Build Block and Vend Scamming.
Click here for more Information.
- Be wary if a player claims to be Cubic castles staff ( admin/developer/moderator), ask to see their staff badge. Staff will not refuse in such an instance.
Red name= Admin/developer. Blue name= Moderator. No colored name, not staff.
Examples shown here:
Click here for more Information upon Staff badges.
CC Staff will never demand nor threaten for perm.
CC Staff will never demand nor threaten for items.
CC Staff will never demand,ask nor threaten for account details.
- Never give out your account details to players, websites or third party programs.
- Avoid downloading third party programs that claim to be in relation to Cubic castles. Such programs may contain keyloggers etc that steals information such as account details.
- Last but not least: Do or do not do any of the above at your own risk.
Extra's things to take note of:
Every player can do their part for the community as well, by raising such awareness! Have fun, play safe, be smart, be cautious, be aware and make others aware of the risks!If you feel that i have missed some points, feel free to make me aware of them.