ability to put a personal sentry on pet kennels and no sentries on foundation blocks

elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
edited April 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
so many people get their pet stolen because someone else with perm got it, so why not make it possible to use a personal sentry on it so they cant steal it?

And yes i know "just dont give perm" but why is the perm button else made for....

(And no, i havent been scammed by this kind of things, just doing it for others)

Another suggestion: at the same time also dont allow sentries on the foundation blocks, if anyone dont want that their item gets taken they wouldnt put it on a foundation block anyways

Comments

• +1 but at the same time, just don't perm people
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Kind of agree with both of you xD While perms really shouldn't ever be given out, sentries exist for a reason, and if they can be applied to everything else, why not pets too? :)
  • +1... My pet got stolen once. One of my great friends gave it to me and the only people who had perm were 2 of my super close friends... I'm still kinda suspecting them cause it couldn't be someone else... Glad that another friend of mine gave me the same pet or my bday :]
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    i suppose it would be a benefit to people who are too trusting
  • +1 and -1 i can see how this would benifit us(people wouldnt be able to take your kennels) but what about the players who try to scam with rental plots? What if they make the plot real but sentry the pet so that nowone can get it?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

+1 and -1 i can see how this would benifit us(people wouldnt be able to take your kennels) but what about the players who try to scam with rental plots? What if they make the plot real but sentry the pet so that nowone can get it?

Oh yeah forgot about that xD

What if sentries cant be used on foundation blocks? That would also stop the mannequin scams
  • i did suggest this some months ago, idk why they shouldn't add it, as it reduces scams, and for the foundation, as you said, no one can put sentries on foundation, so...
    +10
    Editted it, @CosmicCow @SirKewberth maybe a good idea?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think sentrys should be allowed on any and every item. For example: Bobby throws and glasses a tophat to put on display since he can't afford a mannequin. So, he works his way up to a personal sentry and puts the sentry on the glass protecting the tophat.
  • i mean irl you can lock your pet but das cruel ;-;
  • Mr.PudMr.Pud Member
    edited April 2017

+1 and -1 i can see how this would benifit us(people wouldnt be able to take your kennels) but what about the players who try to scam with rental plots? What if they make the plot real but sentry the pet so that nowone can get it?

Gdog already told that rental vends are scams most of the time, and that they were made for co-op building only.
    You should only buy from vending machines or cash registers.
    So you should never buy something via rentals :°
  • If you encounter a person selling items (that you really want to buy) on rentals, ask for the owner to use reg (the owner's reg or yours). If the owner doesn't want or not in the realm, its better to avoid it. Well, i rate buying from rentals 50-50.

It still depends on the items in the rentals though. But when you see rare items in a rental and selling it for cheap. Think many times before buying it. Always think before you act :) Just like what i said, buying from rentals is 50-50.

If you encounter a person selling items (that you really want to buy) on rentals, ask for the owner to use reg (the owner's reg or yours). If the owner doesn't want or not in the realm, its better to avoid it. Well, i rate buying from rentals 50-50.

It still depends on the items in the rentals though. But when you see rare items in a rental and selling it for cheap. Think many times before buying it. Always think before you act :) Just like what i said, buying from rentals is 50-50.

I know all this already....

I just do this for the players to not get scammed as easily and for the mods to have an easier job