Scammers..... Why...?

Ok I've seen, heard, and been a victim of scamming. But why? Why do people scam? I mean sheesh what's the use!So they steal from people. What is the accomplishment? What did they get from it? Stuff... Just stuff..? If they were smart they would save up, or get the things themselves by buying them or some how earning them. So they can say "this is mine" or "hey look what I bought" . But they don't... They steal.. and those people who don't know about those different types of scams they need to be taught. Anyways... I'm just disappointed that people will lie to people to steal stuff that doesn't belong to them.but even if they get banned from the game do they learn? Do they learn it's wrong? Sometimes no... But others hopefully will stop. ........Hopefully...... I'm just wondering what can we do to stop scams or scammers?by teaching others about scams and how to avoid them?? How?

Comments

• Ok I've seen, heard, and been a victim of scamming. But why? Why do people scam? I mean sheesh what's the use!So they steal from people. What is the accomplishment? What did they get from it? Stuff... Just stuff..? If they were smart they would save up, or get the things themselves by buying them or some how earning them. So they can say "this is mine" or "hey look what I bought" . But they don't... They steal.. and those people who don't know about those different types of scams they need to be taught. Anyways... I'm just disappointed that people will lie to people to steal stuff that doesn't belong to them.but even if they get banned from the game do they learn? Do they learn it's wrong? Sometimes no... But others hopefully will stop. ........Hopefully...... I'm just wondering what can we do to stop scams or scammers?by teaching others about scams and how to avoid them?? How?

They are only able to scam because people are idiotic/greedy enough to fall for them. With all the systems we have in place today, if you get scammed, shame on you.
  • Ok I've seen, heard, and been a victim of scamming. But why? Why do people scam? I mean sheesh what's the use!So they steal from people. What is the accomplishment? What did they get from it? Stuff... Just stuff..? If they were smart they would save up, or get the things themselves by buying them or some how earning them. So they can say "this is mine" or "hey look what I bought" . But they don't... They steal.. and those people who don't know about those different types of scams they need to be taught. Anyways... I'm just disappointed that people will lie to people to steal stuff that doesn't belong to them.but even if they get banned from the game do they learn? Do they learn it's wrong? Sometimes no... But others hopefully will stop. ........Hopefully...... I'm just wondering what can we do to stop scams or scammers?by teaching others about scams and how to avoid them?? How?

They are only able to scam because people are idiotic/greedy enough to fall for them. With all the systems we have in place today, if you get scammed, shame on you.
    sometimes the person isnt greedy or idiotic, sometimes the scammer puts the normal price on the item and ppl fall for it...
  • Piratax10 said:

Ok I've seen, heard, and been a victim of scamming. But why? Why do people scam? I mean sheesh what's the use!So they steal from people. What is the accomplishment? What did they get from it? Stuff... Just stuff..? If they were smart they would save up, or get the things themselves by buying them or some how earning them. So they can say "this is mine" or "hey look what I bought" . But they don't... They steal.. and those people who don't know about those different types of scams they need to be taught. Anyways... I'm just disappointed that people will lie to people to steal stuff that doesn't belong to them.but even if they get banned from the game do they learn? Do they learn it's wrong? Sometimes no... But others hopefully will stop. ........Hopefully...... I'm just wondering what can we do to stop scams or scammers?by teaching others about scams and how to avoid them?? How?

sometimes the person isnt greedy or idiotic, sometimes the scammer puts the normal price on the item and ppl fall for it...
    We still have two confirmation screens, if people were to slow down and read scamming would be extinct.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah education/awareness is key.
    Its just a shame people don't read the confirmation windows.
    All scams can be avoided easily.
    I'll just leave this here
  • Here the reason why there are scammer:
    Whenever there are poor,there saw (example) you,they decide to act like they rich and they said if they can borrow your c.If you refuse,they will put their revenge and steal your account (only if your greedy in cubits).To avoid them,you must leave out and never talk to the scammers again.
    Frisk out!Peace!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    People has many ways why they scam... some people are small kids that doesnt know the boudaries, people just bored in their life and has nothing to do, some are greedy for stuff but dont want to do hard work, and others just want to make people angry....
  • CubitScopeCubitScope Member
    edited June 2017
    Greed. That's right about it.

About eliminating scammers: you can't. We can decrease the number of scammers but they will never be eliminated completely. They're basically the in-game counterpart of real-life criminals.

Also about teaching others on how to avoid scams: that has been done already and some people are just ignorant. It's actually quite funny that some people who have fallen victims to scams were victims because they were greedy too themselves. For example, people who participate in drop games. Why do they participate in the first place? Because they desperately want the item the scammer is promising without even thinking of the consequences.
  • Mods are doing everything they can, just look carefully...
  • They don't even get stuff since their account will receive a ban. Along with a ip ban.
  • SepailSepail Member
    Usually scammers are low lvls and age. Got it from my own experience. Rich people prefer light reputation instead of stolen stuff. I dont understand scammers too, never did scam in my life, cause i'l have an guilty concsience in that case. Anyways, i have premonitions who will scam if i trust, and who not. Did never mistake. It comes with time, now you should try to dont get scammed, that's only.
  • Sepail said:

Usually scammers are low lvls and age. Got it from my own experience. Rich people prefer light reputation instead of stolen stuff. I dont understand scammers too, never did scam in my life, cause i'l have an guilty concsience in that case. Anyways, i have premonitions who will scam if i trust, and who not. Did never mistake. It comes with time, now you should try to dont get scammed, that's only.

Ehh I mean i agree with you to a point. I have a few friends I'll trust to a point. Lending a snowman because they like running around with it. Or a cool outfit. Whatever.

But at the same time it's hard to find someone who truly doesn't have a price. I wouldn't feel comfortable setting down say 1,000,000 c in front of these same people just because of how tempting it might be.

There are people out there that wouldn't touch it. But they are few and far between.
  • Sepail said:

i know some rich and famous people who scammed in the past and are still rich and powerful..