the stupid @@@@@ thing suggestion to hopefully stop it

elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
edited March 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
so do you hate like this message?

DONT GET ME WRONG, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ADVERTISING. ITS JUST GETTING ANNOYING
well my idea was that if someone uses too many of the same type of sign (so not a letter (unless like 15 of the same after eachother)) that it just get ignored....

simple thing ;)
added a poll too to do answering more orderned

Comments

• Hosting events and having those people attend only to advertise is irritating, I support this idea very much! +2
  • -1, many players can not afford hollas and instead use the merchant technique.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Misticall said:

-1, many players can not afford hollas and instead use the merchant technique.

that is not even a valid counter.... they can also say it more times instead of doing many of those signs.... those signs are just annoying and most of the people do not even pay attention to those type of people anyways (well they see the signs, but they wont buy the item they sell...)
  • NerryNerry Member

You can't even see the real message
  • Misticall said:

that is not even a valid counter.... they can also say it more times instead of doing many of those signs.... those signs are just annoying and most of the people do not even pay attention to those type of people anyways (well they see the signs, but they wont buy the item they sell...)
    They use the symbols to make the message longer and appear over their QBee longer.. Also, many players are kids and can't type as well. This helps them not have to repeatedly type the same message over and over. It's just my opinion as to why this shouldn't be added.

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Misticall said:

Misticall said:

They use the symbols to make the message longer and appear over their QBee longer.. Also, many players are kids and can't type as well. This helps them not have to repeatedly type the same message over and over. It's just my opinion as to why this shouldn't be added.

Shroob said:

You can't even see the real message

• DEATH TO SPAM!!!
  • +9999 yuuus
  • I am kinda confused lol because I have never seen one of those messages xd
  • - Angelica -- Angelica - Member
    edited March 2017
    This doesn't really irritate me, besides whenever I see one of those I always check to see what they buying and selling which is helpful to me whenever I'm lookin' for something.
  • 100% yes! I hate those people it just ruins the chat +100
  • -1 Because I use this exact same thing to advertise at events :P Too cheap for Hollas xD
  • Rootbeerr said:

-1 Because I use this exact same thing to advertise at events :P Too cheap for Hollas xD

Same, -1
  • @&;&@&;@"'. only for 5k coobits a blok
  • +1 I have nothing against people who advertise politely, but it gets irritating when people spam like crazy
  • This is something that formed in Growtopia, except they used periods instead. lol
    It just makes the message stay longer. I don't see the harm in it, honestly. Yeah, it can be annoying, but we can always just leave the realm.. or if you own it, mute the realm or ban the person. I would never advertise this way, because I have a bit of pride and better things to do than spam the chat with @ signs attempting to sell or buy something nobody wants or has. :P
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Best way is to ask people to not do it :)
    All you have to do is tell them that people get purposefully ignored when they type spam like that. It's better to just type the original message. Be polite, don't yell at them for doing it. Just let them know that it can get annoying and that they are likely to sell more if they don't do it ^^
    But again, DON'T YELL AT THEM. Politeness can only be expected if you are polite to them too :)
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited March 2017
    The spam is horrible!
    The players who are doing this would mostly get banned from the realm/room...
    Why not just say what they're going to sell rather than getting banned for spamming?
    I would just ask them to stop spamming pretty much, I would suggest though that don't spam to advertise... cause you might get banned by the owner(s).

Also, I'm not annoyed because they are selling something... It's just the spam that I'm annoyed with pretty much. :T