$$ DARK NIGHT $$ has won the Black Umbrella raffle! Next drawing prize is a Ghost Costume!

Public accusations of scamming should be banned

=MGN=RedEagle=MGN=RedEagle Member
edited February 22 in Community 40.25 Karma
I see some posts of people accusing each other of scamming. Such public accusations can tear people apart and ruin reputations of sometimes-innocent people. Maybe a rule could be made on the forum that bans this without photo evidence?

Comments

• Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
    29.75 Karma
    Same thoughts
  • xShirouxxShiroux Member
    edited February 22 6.75 Karma
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    232.35 Karma
    Yup, mods cant do anything anyways without proof so why not make it banned
  • =MGN=RedEagle=MGN=RedEagle Member
    40.25 Karma

I am not saying in the game itself but just on this forum. The effort of censorship in game between what people say to each other would be a huge mod involvement in speech.

However, I do think that having that rule on this forum is easy. We delete posts who of people who make such accusations, direct them to support and ask them to reach out to support in the future.
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited February 22 232.35 Karma

I am not saying in the game itself but just on this forum. The effort of censorship in game between what people say to each other would be a huge mod involvement in speech.

However, I do think that having that rule on this forum is easy. We delete posts who of people who make such accusations, direct them to support and ask them to reach out to support in the future.
    I was meaning on this forums xD, ingame you can hardly post pics can you?
    (Btw, react pls via message, wanna keep this thread clean for ya)
    40.25 Karma

I was meaning on this forums xD, ingame you can hardly post pics can you?
    Ya you can't in game at all.
  • 11.25 Karma
    +1 Public with evidence, private without
  • 007Awesome007007Awesome007 Member
    10.45 Karma
    +1 agree, must have evidence
  • SensationalSensational Member
    1.55 Karma
    I fully agree and it does hurt people because you really don't know anymore what is happening on the other side of the screen
  • 41.45 Karma
    Well just make the rules accusing isn't allowed, let the mods close them :3
  • MotivationMotivation Member
    edited February 22 8.15 Karma
    Deleted due to getting off topic.
  • RaizusekuRaizuseku Member
    0.45 Karma

Im not picking sides here, but I saw this a couple hours ago.
    No bias included.
    Screenshot_2017-02-22-17-50-04-1-1

I feel like that's nothing more than an accusation yet again. That does not count as an evidence whatsoever. It's like me doing a hollawarp saying that Red scammed me which is blatantly a lie.

Anyway, I do really agree with you red. Being accused for something you didn't do is not what you want to go through. Try putting yourself in someone else's situation and see how it feels before accusing and saying things to them that could possibly ruin their life.
  • 11.25 Karma
    Topic changing again and getting out of hand. GG discussion
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    212.95 Karma
    @Sensational If you think you are falsely accused,send a ticket to support and post the reply you get from mabz here.
  • HorusHorus EnglandForum Administrator
    33.30 Karma
    The "Scam Reports" discussion had this idea in mind, but providing evidence was just optional. I adjusted it to be mandatory and added a note to the forum rules, this should make it crystal clear and reduce falsified reports.
    40.25 Karma
    lucaaa795 said:

@Sensational If you think you are falsely accused,send a ticket to support and post the reply you get from mabz here.

People are innocent until proven guilty. We should treat them the same imo.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    212.95 Karma

lucaaa795 said:

People are innocent until proven guilty. We should treat them the same imo.
    And why are you tagging me lol
    I aint accusing her/him/whatever of anything i just told him/her a tip
  • Pickles2001Pickles2001 FamiliarMember, Familiar
    19.40 KarmaFamiliar
    I dunno automatically banning a player for accusing someone of scamming is a bit harsh. I think that maybe they should investigate the accusation and if any evidence pops up that proves this accusation false they player accusing the other player will be warned.
  • 0.45 Karma
    Sometimes the reason why player falsely accuses another player is because of HATE or JELOUSY thats all! :333. Remember players haters gotta hate, ignore the people that falsely accuses u for something u havent or never done wrong. I mean i agree with red.