Nametags. what happened

Name tags raised so high
They used to be like 3.5k now they are like 8k and up.
More than three for 10k in the cc store.
HOW.

Comments

• They wanted to make it harder for people to change their names in game because it led to lots of confusion.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    The price was changed. Previously, you could buy 3 nametags in the store for 10k. Now it is only 1 in the pack for 10k. I think this was probably to dissuade players from behaving badly, and changing their name to reset their reputation. Sucks for the fair players, but eh :/
  • NerryNerry Member
    edited February 2017
    Thats so lame :v
    AND SO CHEAP.
    ITS LIKE WHAT THEY DID WITH THE CLANSTONE.
    AHAHAHAH THIS GAME IS JUST GETTING CHEAPER ADNASP9DUASPODJHASDOPIAHJ
    im so mad
    JUST ADD AN ALIAS BUTTON ON YOUR FRIEND TO TELL WHAT THEIR PREVIOUS NAMES WAS
  • Hmmm, I think it is because of the "sunburn" effect when you wear them
  • previously: 3 tags for 10k in c store, 3k-3.5k from a person for one
    now: 1 tag for 10k in c store, 5k-9k for one from a person
    an attempt to help with people abusing nametags,(for example scammers)
  • I'm still for the idea: Only allowed to change once for ordinary players.
  • Liberated said:

I'm still for the idea: Only allowed to change once for ordinary players.

Yeah, a lot of games have that system
  • Liberated said:

I'm still for the idea: Only allowed to change once for ordinary players.

yeah might be a good thing
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    i really dont understand changing names at all, you spend so long building your reputation and making friends, changing your name destroys that and makes it a pain to tell everyone who you are etc, why dont you just not pick a terrible name to start with, put some thought into it so you dont want to change it every 5 seconds.
  • Imo. They just limit scamming to rich players. I like the old suggestion which is cooldown in changing name(6 months sounds good) or my own suggestion, not allowing other ip and email to create someones old name, in addition to ability to see someone's name history.
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember

Hmmm, I think it is because of the "sunburn" effect when you wear them

No, Pretty sure they didn't find out about that glitch til after the price increase. At least the first report about it wasn't till after the price increase.
  • Apricot said:

They wanted to make it harder for people to change their names in game because it led to lots of confusion.

Basically this. We want to discourage name changing, as it is often a tool for scammers.
  • Mids well make it to where if your reports have a record of scamming you cant buy nametags. Make them suffer :>:D
  • Thats so lame :v
    AND SO CHEAP.
    ITS LIKE WHAT THEY DID WITH THE CLANSTONE.
    AHAHAHAH THIS GAME IS JUST GETTING CHEAPER ADNASP9DUASPODJHASDOPIAHJ
    im so mad
    JUST ADD AN ALIAS BUTTON ON YOUR FRIEND TO TELL WHAT THEIR PREVIOUS NAMES WAS

Agreed #SayYesToNametags ._.
    imo an alias button would make it IMPOSSIBLE for them to scam.. this just makes it more expensive for them. gg ._.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I don't see why everyone has a sudden demand for nametags. The increased price should make you think more about a good name, rather than changing names every time you feel like it ^^