Cubits Only cash register

I get REALLY annoyed when newbies offer to buy something for xxx cubits and instead put an item. Anyone else agree?

So my idea is to have either one of two things.
1) To have a special NEW cash register called "No Trades Register" and the owner of the register is able to put items in, but anyone else can only put cubits.

2) An option that would turn a normal register into a cubits only register. This option could be toggled on and off.

This would totally help with annoying newbies wanting to trade!

Comment your opinion below!

Comments

• CircyCircy Member
    edited February 2017
    To me, this is quite unnecessary.

A new player is, by their very name, new! How are they supposed to know any better? I'm quite sure we've all made mistakes starting off, and have more than once misinterpreted another players words. Actually, this may cause confusion amongst the newbies as to why there are different types of registers.

I propose that instead of getting "annoyed" as you so put it -- and putting stress among the developers to implement an item into the game that has such a simple solution -- which would be that we just teach them the ropes.

There is no need for this item in my opinion, and there is a chat box to say a simple "No thank you" instead.

Overall: -1
  • Circy said:

A new player is, by their very name, new! How are they supposed to know any better? I'm quite sure we've all made mistakes starting off, and have more than once misinterpreted another players words. Actually, this may cause confusion amongst the newbies as to why there are different types of registers.

I propose that instead of getting "annoyed" as you so put it -- and putting stress among the developers to implement an item into the game that has such a simple solution -- which would be that we just teach them the ropes.

There is no need for this item in my opinion, and there is a chat box to say a simple "No thank you" instead.

My comment wasn't about those respectful newbies who put in an item, I say "nty, sorry" and they leave. Oh, no. It was about the OTHER type of newbie. The one who screams at you when you deny, calls you a scammer, or even cusses at you. The one who will spam your register with a top hat countless times.

I have met a LOT of those newbies today at Pen's Yard Rentals. The worst part- I couldn't even ban them, and they took advantage of it, spamming the register over and over and over.

THOSE newbies are why I suggested this.

• BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    I Personally wouldn't say no to such a device or function.
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    If you don't want trades for your items, the solution for you is VENDING MACHINE,
  • Misticall said:

Circy said:

My comment wasn't about those respectful newbies who put in an item, I say "nty, sorry" and they leave. Oh, no. It was about the OTHER type of newbie. The one who screams at you when you deny, calls you a scammer, or even cusses at you. The one who will spam your register with a top hat countless times.

I have met a LOT of those newbies today at Pen's Yard Rentals. The worst part- I couldn't even ban them, and they took advantage of it, spamming the register over and over and over.

THOSE newbies are why I suggested this.

One word. Ban.
    Not that hard. I use that feature all the time. Like what Misticall said, this is unnecessary time that could be done implementing an update that everyone will love. These "noobs" can be ignored if you aren't in your world. Plus, what is a register GUI change going to help with? They can still troll with cubit prices mind you.
  • I personally don't like the second idea, but the second one is great.